Dapol extras Bag in Steam Locos

Started by Fardap, January 28, 2020, 09:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fardap

Does anyone know of or have any references for the bag of parts that come with locos - in this instance I succumbed to the Dapol Winter Specials and got myself a B17 Manchester City and a Grange Forthampton Grange to add to the rosta :claphappy: ... not that I currently have any track down to run them on :( !!!

In the B17 there are a number of very fine shaped wires like a U but with a long base |____| (bit like that) I wondered if they were maybe coal rails for the tender or something - there is no obvious location for them... also a bunch of steam pipes and coupling links...

It seems a real shame that they supply all these additional parts but not a diagram of where they go!!!

There were even a couple of crew in one of the packs which is something I have not seen before.

Steve

crewearpley40

Steve. google : dapol steam locos detailing instructions. Click on Loco instructions Dapol. This brings up loco instructions. Click 4 squares marked n gauge. This brings up photos of locos. Click then on your loco. Should then have onfo

Fardap

Quote from: crewearpley40 on January 28, 2020, 10:39:30 AM
Steve. google : dapol steam locos detailing instructions. Click on Loco instructions Dapol. This brings up loco instructions. Click 4 squares marked n gauge. This brings up photos of locos. Click then on your loco. Should then have onfo

Will give it a go cheers  :beers:

UPDATE: actually just shows the leaflet you get with it on oiling and running in... going to ping Dapol and email...

Fardap

The B17 Detail pack... what are they? - the ends are at 90deg to each other so like a handrail where one upright has then be rotated 90deg

The Grange Detail pack... What are they?

I have also emailed Neil at Dapol with the images to try and shed some light on them...

crewearpley40

Possibly standard and magnetic couplers. Vacuum brake pipe, tyre pieces that fit on wheels, brake hoses, iron lamps, pieces that hold couplers together

crewearpley40

Steve. 01692 774455 dapol. They say go to dapol website. Menu. Click on technical then n gauge then loco structions

Dr Al

Quote from: Fardap on January 29, 2020, 10:06:41 AM

Cylinder drain pipes, that fit between the bottom of cylinders and the stoneguards.

Quote from: Fardap on January 29, 2020, 10:06:41 AM

GW style stoneguards - fits to front bogie and rear of tender around the coupling box.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Fardap

Thank you!! Appreciate it will have a look for the positions now I have an area to home in on!

Better let Dapol know  :laugh3:

Fardap

Quote from: crewearpley40 on January 29, 2020, 10:24:46 AM
Steve. 01692 774455 dapol. They say go to dapol website. Menu. Click on technical then n gauge then loco structions

Yes been in touch with them already, they have said their newer models will come with detail parts sheets to advise where they go but not the older ones, I did suggest a generic on on the web might help...

Thanks for the call - was in a meeting!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations