How many loco's have you got?

Started by guest2, February 26, 2011, 02:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Quote from: mikebillabong on March 13, 2011, 06:53:44 AM
your own designed locos? Id be interested to see some pics?

I have rebuilt a couple and will be working on them during this week, will post pictures by Friday this week, thanks for showing an interest Mike.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

michael

no worries mate, sounds rather interestering to me!

cloughie

18 kettles and 4 chip fat burners :thumbsup:
cloughie
am I there yet

OwL

Hi Guys,

Ive been collecting since I was 12 years old, through influence from my Dad. My first loco was (and still is) the minitrix flying scotsman in apple green. This was a birthday present from my parents. Since then I have been collecting N -Gauge locos non stop. When I was a kid I used to get engines as presents for x-mas and birthdays, now im a grown man with a job i buy alot of stuff myself even though my parents and wife still get me n-gauge gear. My collection is varied as my Dad and mum used to buy me alot of steam engines because that was what my Dad grew up with.

Ive got alot of diesels mainly from the BR sectorisation period as this is what I remembered as a kid. i also i have a small collection of german and european locos, as I lived in europe for 3 years and i was lucky to be able to do some spotting in various dutch and german stations and as a result go to euro model shops and buy good stuff at good prices.....

I also have two US loco's (diesels) as I admire the American railroad mentality. I have only one rule with my collection, I run any engine of any era on my layout BUT I always ensure the rolling stock pulled by my loco is prototypical. You wont find a Black 5 pulling a rake of Seacow ballast hoppers on my layout! (each to their own though)

I intend to post some pictures of my modern British image layout soon (W.I.P), here are a few samples of some of my collection in the meantime:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Steven.T

I have around 16 loco's, but for example my class 67 has at least 2 different rakes it can operate on, PCA wagons, coaches, containers, whereas some like my class 91 (GNER) only ever runs with it's own coaches  :)

haeckmaen

I can understand mustermark with the westerns I tried the same with the warships during the trains4u auctions but modest bidding made me stop at two further 42's. When I realized some Westerns were going up as far as GBP 75 or more I decided to wait until the Dapol release since I need it DCC anyway.

This means I currently have nine locos, four Warships, a maroon Western, a green Hymek and a blue 46 all DCC for the Penzance layout. For the older DC layout, it's a Poole Prairie and a 3MT.

I'm generally more interested in filling the gaps for a prototypical operation than in amassing what catches my fancy (okay this can have the same effect :D) so besides the western I'm going to get me a 08 and a 47 preferably blue renumbered pre tops.

Quacker1964

I feel deprived :(

Still awaiting my first one. - hope to be editing this post fairly soon!

D306Whistler

Two new additions to my fleet are the Blue Tiger in the HVLE livery by Mehano and something more closer to home. I just sniped a Triple-Grey Class 90 from Farish and I believe its the old poole chassis as its an older box ;). Not bad for £38! :P.
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

zwilnik

Quote from: Quacker1964 on March 29, 2011, 09:09:45 PM
I feel deprived :(

Still awaiting my first one. - hope to be editing this post fairly soon!

Remember, it's not how many engines you've got, it's where you put them ;)

SymonC

I've just changed my vote! I'd put down 15+ but I've just done a stock check and I have 28!

Most are steam but I do have 2 x DMU's and 5 diesels.

I have 8 original Hornby Minitrix locos (most of which were purchased in the late 70's, early 80's) and they still run like new!

Edit : make that 29, just found a Class 47 diesel that I forgot I bought on e-bay that was included in a Royal Mail set!

Quacker1964

Hurrah!

I'm in the game - I now have 3, or at least should have by the weekend!  All Farish DCC-ready Class 24, class 37 and class 108 DMU (3 car).  I no longer feel deprived (though the bank manager may do so).

Mustermark

Just changed my vote.  I took delivery of a second hand Class 20 yesterday.  So now I'm in the 50+ category. :beers:  I can now run double headers with my Class 20s on my BR Blue goods service.  I just have to do a bit of renumbering at the weekend with my Howes rub down transfers...

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

porkie

more than he wife would like me too have  :smiley-laughing:
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

SymonC

Received a Farish set I bought on e-bay this morning, so have changed my vote to 30+  :NGaugersRule:

fisherman

as  mine is an S & D layout....

a 9f  (Dapol)
Ivatt tank (Dapol)
Black 5  (Grafar)...the old one....
Crab   cos I love them..
Spamcan with new smoke deflectors
8f  (Grafar)
Jinty
Std class 5 Langley body/Grafar B1 chassis/ Dapol 9f tender body
Rebuilt West Country
4f (Grafar)