Cameras are cruel critics.

Started by ddolfelin, December 22, 2010, 11:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinahand

Looks good to me Peter.

Cameras can be a very useful tool for identifying blemishes or misalignments which may need correcting but can fall down when it comes to portraying the overall 'look' and 'feel' of a model. Ask yourself 'why would we want to blow it up to 10 times its original size just for the sake of nit-picking'.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Bealman

Mate, placed on your layout in scenic setting, it'll look Mickey Mouse!

Thumbs up from me, buddy!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Pengi

I think the caravan is excellent and well done for scratchbuilding one

Quote from: mousey train on December 30, 2013, 10:11:46 PM
hi all, when im making model kits and thay need painting i use the paint as a glue for the small parts, when the paint drys it makes a strong bond, an no ugly glue everywhear hope this helps. mousey train.
That is interesting - will give it a go  :thankyousign:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Bealman

Cameras are a useful tool, though.... A photo I took recently of my new Blue Pullman crossing a viaduct on my old layout I am restoring showed up some plaster missing on the viaduct as glaringly white. I honestly never noticed it until I looked at the picture. It can be rectified quite simply with a texta (sorry - magic marker? Felt tipped pen?).  It took the photograph to draw my attention to it.

I won't show you the photo here as the moderating team are going off at me about hi-jacking threads with me Christmas present!  :thumbsup:

Happy New Year!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

port perran

That's a lovely little caravan. I'm sure it will look just perfect in situ.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

ParkeNd

Cameras nowadays are sharper than the combination of the human eye and brain. That's why female news presenters who do breakfast TV are so in love with HD TV.

But all N gauge is about an illusion of the real thing. Don't go beating yourself up.

Greybeema

Looks fine to me - don't think you have a problem.

For fine gluing I usually use a piece if stiff 0.25 mm wire mounted in a handle made of tape.  Put some glue on tin foil and pick it up on the end of the wire. Apply to the piece you want to glue..

Or you can use varnish as it will dry clear..  Johnsons Klear also suffices (rather well actually)..

:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

d-a-n

Looks fine to me mate! If you make another, you'll naturally have learnt from the bits which frustrated you about this one and you'll love your results - I used to find this with wargame figure conversions!
Cameras are cruel and critical, whereas the brain glosses over what it doesn't want to see! Also, the human eye is a fixed focal length, the magnification of any object will give an unnatural perspective.
I avoid close ups of brides faces at weddings I shoot, with the sharpness of my lenses and resolution of my full frame digital stuff being so high, the results can be unflattering to a good complexion, even after make-up etc. You wouldn't believe the amount of skin post-processing alone involved in a fashion shoot...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations