Parkwood Models Diesel No 10800

Started by CarriageShed, December 29, 2013, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarriageShed

After my epic and successful attempt to fix the split gears on a Poole-era Class 20 chassis:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17138.msg169972#msg169972
I've patiently been waiting for Parkwood Models to relist their LMS Diesel No 10800 resin bodyshell.

The listing on eBay ended some time ago, but I kept it in my watch list, hoping that it would be relisted as soon as a new set of body shells had been created. Today the listing had disappeared entirely, so I can only assume that it has been deleted by the seller. Does that mean it has been withdrawn entirely? Probably. :(

I've been assembling the paints and add-on bits and pieces for a while now (this was going to be my first attempt at a loco kit of any description). All I needed were transfers/decals and the body shell itself. I tried to list a 'wanted' advert on the forum, but that didn't work either. Someone 'up there' might be trying to tell me something, but I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and refusing to listen. I'd be really happy to hear from someone who has a bodyshell going spare, either for sale or as a swap for the 20139 bodyshell (which is what came off the Class 20 chassis - I understand that this one is a little hard to get hold of).

PM me, please, and apologies to the mods for probably putting this in the wrong place.

Dr Al

Have you contacted them direct through eBay or otherwise? It may just be that they've stopped listing over the Xmas period and do still have more available.

There also appears to be an email contact here:
http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/suppliers/40841-ParkwoodModels

Worth a try...

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

CarriageShed

Hi Alan

The listing usually remains in the 'ended' pose until Steve at Parkwood reactivates it with a new batch of bodyshells for sale. This is the first time I've noticed a listing being entirely deleted. I'll drop him a line, just in case.

CarriageShed

Steve at Parkwood responded pretty quickly, given that it's a Sunday. The next batch of 10800 bodies are expected in two weeks time. So, hurrah! They've not been deleted, although I still wonder why the 'ended' listing disappeared this morning. That doesn't usually happen unless it has been deleted entirely. Oh well. :)

ScottyStitch

Quote from: Pete33 on December 29, 2013, 06:18:28 PM
Steve at Parkwood responded pretty quickly, given that it's a Sunday. The next batch of 10800 bodies are expected in two weeks time. So, hurrah! They've not been deleted, although I still wonder why the 'ended' listing disappeared this morning. That doesn't usually happen unless it has been deleted entirely. Oh well. :)

I hope when you get the body you'll do a build thread?

Scotty

CarriageShed

Quote from: ScottyStitch on January 03, 2014, 09:41:51 PM
I hope when you get the body you'll do a build thread?

Scotty

Scotty, you would probably have to pay me NOT to.  :P

Tank

Glad to hear that there was a happy ending.  :)

xm607

Hi,
These body shells are now back in stock.
Steve.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations