Bachmann Announcements 2017 models

Started by crepello, December 02, 2016, 10:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D1042 Western Princess

I just want a DMU or two with WR numbers - not too much to ask, is it?
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Newportnobby

My pre orders which, at one time, stood at around £1200 ( :o) are now reduced to 3 locos and a coach, so I hope they will announce something falling into my era/location.
Only 1 of those 3 locos is a Farish item.

Chris Morris

I'm happy to say that i'm not the least bit interested. I have all the stock I need (ie that is relevant for location and period) for my layouts so I don't intend to buy anything else.  In fact I might sell a few items that don't get used - or hold on to them a bit longer as the value is probably going up as the price of new items increases.

I notice the February Castle is now April/May.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

georgehgv

Quote from: newportnobby on December 29, 2016, 09:54:42 AM
Quote from: Chris Morris on December 29, 2016, 09:46:54 AM

:doh: :censored:

Bum, but at least gives a litte longer to save up. :D  Just ordered the Class 108 sound as my first venture into sound locomotives.
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

gc4946

I don't have any Farish items on pre-order, my only current interest is their 372-628 late crest Ivatt 2MT 46443, now preserved, which was based at Saltley at the time of my birth and could have ventured down the Camp Hill line near where our family first lived.

No release date has been announced and will be subject to a price rise in the meantime  :doh:

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

daveg

Quote from: georgehgv on December 29, 2016, 10:01:39 AM

Bum, but at least gives a little longer to save up. :D  Just ordered the Class 108 sound as my first venture into sound locomotives.

Interested (waited too long to be excited) to see that the Castle is now 'promised' for late spring. I'd set aside some cash for it what seems eons ago. Wonder how much it will actually land up costing?

Dave G

georgehgv

Quote from: daveg on December 29, 2016, 10:29:43 AM

You should have got a price quoted when you ordered it.

Bum, but at least gives a little longer to save up. :D  Just ordered the Class 108 sound as my first venture into sound locomotives.

Interested (waited too long to be excited) to see that the Castle is now 'promised' for late spring. I'd set aside some cash for it what seems eons ago. Wonder how much it will actually land up costing?

Dave G
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Newportnobby

Quote from: georgehgv on December 29, 2016, 11:19:03 AM
Quote from: daveg on December 29, 2016, 10:29:43 AM

You should have got a price quoted when you ordered it.

Dave G

Mine was pre ordered from the Farish 2013/4 catalogue and no one, not even me, would expect a retailer to hold the price for 4 years, George :no:

georgehgv

Ordered my blue GF DMU with sound, only £200.00. new and free delivery woo hoo be here tomorrow.

Newportnobby

Quote from: georgehgv on December 29, 2016, 02:29:27 PM
Ordered my blue GF DMU with sound, only £200.00. new and free delivery woo hoo be here tomorrow.

I thought it was steam locos that went woo hoo :confused1:

daveg

'Only £200'  :o Beyond my budget George but glad you're happy about it!

I totally agree that I/we cannot expect the Castle to come in at the original price. It was ticketed at £102 when I ordered it back in March 2013.

Just noticed that the Hatton's listing shows it at £118.96 and my order has been updated to reflect that. Not too awful considering the gestation period and recent price increases.

Dave G

georgehgv

Quote from: daveg on December 29, 2016, 03:51:20 PM

I totally agree that I/we cannot expect the Castle to come in at the original price. It was ticketed at £102 when I ordered it back in March 2013.

Just noticed that the Hatton's listing shows it at £118.96 and my order has been updated to reflect that. Not too awful considering the gestation period and recent price increases.

Dave G
listed at £225 to £250 so my £200 is good deal ty

Newportnobby

Quote from: daveg on December 29, 2016, 03:51:20 PM

Dave G

Same price at Rails, Dave, but I have lots of Christmas vouchers to offset the majority cost ;D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations