Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

themadhippy

Indeed Laos PDR. most people mistakenly think PDR means  People's Democratic Republic when it actually means Please Dont Rush,a pretty accurate description of the country
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

guest311

WHAT ?
government dodging it's responsibilities ?
how could you suggest such a thing ?
next you'll be suggesting they don't want to comply with the wishes of the people, or that they would use funds to repair their duck houses .....

oh of course some did  :smiley-laughing:

thebrighton

Quote from: Snowwolflair on February 02, 2019, 04:16:59 PM
I may be wrong but I believe RM handles it as a delegated customs function and their "markup" pays for the customs shed and to employ dedicated RM staff.  so its the government that are dodging the cost of processing them at customs.

Spot on. RM has to operate and staff an entire department to deal with customs charges. Also in order to get the parcels released it (I'm 99% sure it still does) also pays the duty and then has to reclaim it from the customer and, of course, they don't always pay so RM lose out. £8, although a pain, is a lot less than some other carriers and isn't something RM make any kind of profit out of and is part of their Universal Delivery License obligations.
From a retired postie.

Papyrus

I was shredding some old documents and receipts when I discovered... an old-style paper £10 note! Great, that's something to put on the Happy Thread, I thought. The next day we were on grand-parenting duty so we took Babygrand into town to the soft-play centre and while we were there I paid the note into my account. When we got back to the car we had overstayed our welcome and we got a £25 parking ticket.  :(

The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away. Ho hum.

Cheers,

Chris

Bob Tidbury

Had some unhappy news today The Essex N gauge show at Weeley has been cancelled it was a really nice show last year ,but Steve the organiser has had to cancel it this year due to unforeseen circumstances .
But there is a good end to this I can now go to the Berkshire Area N Gauge Groups show at Sindlesham on the 30th March and do something to help them as they allways make me wellcome at their running sessions .
The show is not very big but they do set a good standard of exhibits and at least two trade stands John Burnham the stock box man and the local model shop from Twyford  and of course the usual club second hand stall.
Bob Tidbury

JBQFC

not a good couple of days for me my colitis has blow up big time spending more time in the toilet than anywhere else
so a trip to the doctors today got some meds but have to wait till tomorrow for the pharmacist to get them in
and on top of that my Dad has been taken in to hospital with eyesight  problems

John   

dannyboy

Hope things soon improve for you and your Dad John.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: JBQFC on February 13, 2019, 07:15:59 PM
not a good couple of days for me my colitis has blow up big time spending more time in the toilet than anywhere else
so a trip to the doctors today got some meds but have to wait till tomorrow for the pharmacist to get them in
and on top of that my Dad has been taken in to hospital with eyesight  problems

John

I have lived with somebody who was so afflicted and I know how horrid it can be for sufferers John.

Please do pass on my best to your Dad as well.

Positive thinking to you both

Skyline2uk

steve836

KISS = Keep it simple stupid

themadhippy

First day back to work  after the christmas break :'( only seems like yesterday when i slammed the warehouse doors shut.

Newportnobby

When did you start your Christmas break? October? :goggleeyes:

themadhippy

cheeky git, we didnt finish  until the 22 of december

joe cassidy

Things have changed since you retired Mick.

The bosses are trying to bring back slavery.

Best regards,

Joe

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations