Dapol Class 121 Head Code LED's Dim

Started by Paul-H, November 14, 2018, 12:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul-H

Hi all

I have just taken delivery of a new Dapol Class 121 and have something I want to check

I have found the head code LED's although on are quite dim and do not show once the roof is clipped back on, even with all the room lights off, is this normal for this model, not a problem if it is but just wanted to check.

​​​​​​​Thanks

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Paul-H

Nobody else got one of these or this issue?
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

Newportnobby

I've had a class 121 for several years and the headcode is bright enough for me although I haven't actually put a code in the panel.

Paul-H

It turns out that if I run it in reverse the headcode LED's are bright enough to be seen, but as soon as forward is selected they both go dim.

As a side note, for some odd reason I fitted one of Dapols light bars, my my they are bright, had to paint over all the LED's to tone them down.

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations