Video editing/posting programmes

Started by dannyboy, October 05, 2019, 02:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Having seen some of the excellent videos uploaded to YouTube by many members, I was wondering if there is a 'favourite' amongst you all.  I realise that is a bit like asking "which is the best controller?", but I fancy giving it a go. This is something I have never attempted so I am looking for a reasonably simple, easy learning curve, preferably free programme. What are members thoughts?
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

themadhippy

Presume your using windows? if so what version? as  up to win 7, movie maker was included .Windows  10 supposedly includes story maker in  photos,but i cant get the bugger to work.My goto is openshot video editor,i think theres a windows option, its simple   to do the basics,but is powerful enough to do fancy animatioms and key frames
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Papyrus

I find Videopad quite good and fairly easy to use. There is a free version.

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

Thanks for the above. I am running W10. I have had a quick search on the laptop and can not find story maker.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

ntpntpntp

I also use Videopad from NCH Software, I think I may even have paid a small amount for the full licence as my lad needed to use it a few years ago for some school work.   It does everything I need for simple editing of footage, I use it for creating live videos of my band and for occasionally for model railway stuff.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Ditape

I use Cyberlink Power Director, I find it easy to use and very intuitive.
Diane Tape

LASteve

I use Power Director too - I use my Chromebook more and more, and there is a Power Director plug-in for the Chrome browser. You're not going to win any Academy Awards for Best Film Editing, but it does all I need and more.

Phoenix

Hi David,

I have only made a few videos, and asked around my friends which system they used, and went round to be shown how to use various systems, and what they did ..... almost like having a go at something in the shop before buying, but at a mates house  :D ;) :D

The two systems I narrowed it down to were "Movavi" and "Wondershare Filmora"

I decided on Movavi, which is a "pay for", but you get a month free to play around with. It is really easy to use, with lots of features, effects, transitions, title cards, etc. and I am very happy with it.  :thumbsup:

I am sure you have seen the videos I have done, but they are on Youtube under "Windmill Hill Model Railway "

Hope you are well,

All best wishes

Kevin

:beers:

Bealman

And very professional videos they are too, so your weapon of choice obviously works!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Phoenix

Thank you George

:thankyousign:

That is very kind of you to say so  :D

I am lucky we have quite a busy music scene here, and I have friends in bands who helped me.

I also think it is good to have someone not too involved in our side of the game to look at it from a different perspective  :thumbsup:

All best wishes

Kevin

:beers:

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Capri_sam

Shotcut is a very good free video editor that doesn't have a steep learning curve, but does offer a lot of features. I use it when I need to get something out of the door quickly because it's easier to set up and get going with than my other, 'professional' software.

ahellary

hi

I edit alot of video(I am a commercial drone pilot/videographer) and I use the Adobe suit which is fine  tho expensive

:)

Modelbry

I have used Openshot a few times and found it relatively straightfoward to use and best of all it's free  :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations