Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewalker

Commiserations. We've had it twice, plus one that died when she was in for neutering. The good thing is that you know you are doing the right thing and preventing suffering.

Graham

still stuck in lockdown, for us in this part of Aus, it will be 12 weeks under curfew before they let us out, NOT HAPPY, want to get back to the train club.

Bealman

Yep, you guys are doing it tough down there, for sure.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

The Chairman is finally admitting our systems weren't up to handling this second wave.

stevewalker

One of my trailer tyres is cracking due to age and lack of use and the spare was even worse. I need the trailer this weekend, so rather than have the expensive hassle of having new tyres fitted (and the problems of getting them in by Friday), I decided to buy a pair of new wheels and tyres, which works out cheaper than a pair of fitted tyres and to keep the good tyre/wheel as a spare.

I was bouncing back and forth between different adverts and managed to click on the wrong one that used an identical picture, so instead of 10" wheels for 4" PCD hubs and 3/8" studs, I've got ones for 100mm PCD hubs and 12mm studs :( I can either pay 20-odd quid to get the new tyres moved onto the old (and scruffy) wheels or pay 46 quid for replacement hubs to fit the stub axles and get a replacement spare later. I've decided on the latter.

What a waste of money and time due to a moment not paying enough attention.

stevewalker

Quote from: Graham on September 08, 2020, 07:36:10 AM
The Chairman is finally admitting our systems weren't up to handling this second wave.

Although, to be fair, are anyone's? The news just now was stating that per head of population, the UK is performing more tests than any other European country, which suggests that no matter how many were made available, it would never be enough.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: stevewalker on September 16, 2020, 10:38:46 PM
Quote from: Graham on September 08, 2020, 07:36:10 AM

Although, to be fair, are anyone's? The news just now was stating that per head of population, the UK is performing more tests than any other European country, which suggests that no matter how many were made available, it would never be enough.

Local news covered a school today where one kid was sent home with sniffles but no test confirmation and thirty parents and children plus siblings from their bubble all wanted tests despite having no symptoms.   That's over 90 test requests all not meeting the test criteria, no wonder the testing system has crashed if that's happening all over the country.  SHEEP leading SHEEP.

stevewalker

I must admit that if one of my children had symptoms, or a classmate did, I'd want them tested ASAP - but that's because my wife is classed as vulnerable and it'd be nice for both her and my children to not actively avoid each other for a fortnight and for me to not have to (because of spending time with the kids) sleep on the sofa to avoid the possibility of passing it to her.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: stevewalker on September 16, 2020, 10:55:10 PM
I must admit that if one of my children had symptoms, or a classmate did, I'd want them tested ASAP - but that's because my wife is classed as vulnerable and it'd be nice for both her and my children to not actively avoid each other for a fortnight and for me to not have to (because of spending time with the kids) sleep on the sofa to avoid the possibility of passing it to her.

I agree so would I if the test worked, but the tests biologically don't work if you don't have symptoms, so the 90 odd people, if the got the tests they are demanding, would be a waste of tests as without symptoms the tests are meaningless.

The tests do not detect incubating Covid19.

themadhippy

QuoteI was bouncing back and forth between different adverts and managed to click on the wrong one that used an identical picture
if you bought them online then use the distance selling rules to send em back
QuoteSHEEP leading SHEEP.
or   "in line with NHS guidelines",if youve been in close contact with someone showing symptoms you get tested too,even though the initial persons test is negative,or do  those guidelines only apply to politicians?
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Snowwolflair

Quote from: themadhippy on September 16, 2020, 11:32:48 PMor do  those guidelines only apply to politicians?

you are back to SHEEP again  :D

stevewalker

While it may not work at the pre-symptom stage for those that later develop symptoms, children are more likely to be asymptomatic throughout, which makes waiting for symptoms before testing more problematic.

guest311

bought a pair of boots off e-bay at the end of may for walking HB.

arrived quickly, and appeared to be of reasonable quality for the price.....

but noticed last week that the stitching between the leather panel around the laces and the fabric panel on the right boot was coming undone, so monday messaged the seller [trading as Dallas-Shoes] with photos of the problem.
wednesday, with no response or even acknowledgement of my message, I sent a further message, with another photo of the now larger fault.
today, with still no response from the seller, I contacted E-bay, but was told it was too long ago for them to get involved  :confused1:
I was however advised to contact my credit card company, the original purchase was during my 3 month row with Paypal over their 'limiting' my account, to claim a refund from them.
seller now advised of this and will be seeing if the credit card scheme is any use.

meantime, ordered another pair, FROM A DIFFERENT SELLER OF COURSE, on wednesday which arrived this morning.
look ok, but no doubt time, and HB walking, will prove if first impressions are right  :hmmm:

dannyboy

Hope you get things sorted to your satisfaction Chris. I have the opposite experience with an ebay seller, but will post under the 'Happy' thread later.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

Quote from: dannyboy on September 18, 2020, 05:03:47 PM
Hope you get things sorted to your satisfaction Chris. I have the opposite experience with an ebay seller, but will post under the 'Happy' thread later.

errr Alan ?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations