NGS AGM - lots of new stuff

Started by H, May 28, 2011, 07:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H

On display at the AGM expo were;

Farish;

* 4 CEP class 411 (new moulding in undercoat grey)
* Desiro class 350 (new moulding in undercoat grey)
* Mk1 BG  (new moulding in undercoat grey)
* Mk1 buffet/restaurant  (new moulding in undercoat grey)
* MK1 BSK?  (new moulding in undercoat grey)
* Class 101 (finished painted)
* Class 03 (finished painted)
* Some wagons in various states of readiness

Dapol

* Class 26 (new moulding in black plastic)
* Class 121 bubble car (new moulding in black plastic)
* Hall kettle (body finished painted)
* HST125 (examples of finished intercity livery; blue/grey and Virgin available to buy)

NGS

* Stove R (in Pullman livery)
* Queen Mary brake (new moulding in grey undercoat)

H.

Adam1701D

Not been back long and confirm that it was a really good show - a sort of "Mini-TINGS"

As Grahame has said, there were plenty of tantalising new goodies on show from Farish and Dapol.

The new Farish 101 looks close now and is really excellent. Colin Allbright advised that the Express Parcels version will feature a motor in each car, as it is formed of two DMBS. It's cheaper to do it that way rather than tool up a non powered chassis  :)

Likewise, the CEP and Desiro both promise to be excellent. Colin is very aware of the different versions of Desiro and the variations so don't be surprised to see other versions appear over time.

Upstairs we had the Dapol stand, in rather poor lighting with unpainted samples of the 26 and 121 and painted bodies for the Halls, which are in production. GWR fans are going to be VERY pleased with these. I found myself drooling over 86401 in NSE.

Trade-wise, Electra did very well - many thanks to all who came to the stand.

Next year's AGM is going to be held near Nottingham on May 29th - I've already told them I want a space!
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

NTrain

A Tuesday??

The box I wrote the date on is in the car still.

Adam1701D

Oops...it's the weekend before the Bank Holiday, anyway.

Cross-eyed after fitting some new Dapol pantographs to an 86 and 91.  :P
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

H

Quote from: captainelectra on May 28, 2011, 09:04:18 PM
Oops...it's the weekend before the Bank Holiday, anyway.

I thought the date mentioned was the 26th May. Next year the late May bank holiday has been put back because of the Queens Diamond jubilee celebrations; http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/LivingintheUK/DG_073741

So that would make it a week before.

H.

EtchedPixels

Good to hear the parcels unit will be dual motorised, that'll make the cost of two motor bogies for other DMUs rather more reasonable!

The 121/2 looked excellent although apparently an early shot. The 03 also looked excellent and seems to have all the right detail. I'm hoping it'll make a nice chassis for some small steam locos where the 04 is less ideal because of the quirky wheels they had. Couldn't tell if the 03 is the same build as the 04 with the plastic cab and die cast nose-end. Hoping it is as it'll make doing cut down cab conversions simpler.

Lots of bargains on the NGS 2nd hand store - whoever next to me got the £20 Peco jubilee in excellent condition covered a couple of years membership fees value I think ;)

The NGS second hand stuff is pretty variable, some kit GWR coaches, lots of minitrix and lima stuff, various mostly older Locos on the UK side. Some US stuff but didn't look hard, also a lot of Fleischmann german steam and coaches, so probably some good stuff around for German modellers.

Pullman Stove R looks like it will be a stunner and I suspect will be a sell out (although the NGS was clear that if it did then another batch could be ordered)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Dock Shunter

Dapols 26 and 121 are looking good......and OMG :o  Farish are actually going to release a new 101 instead of giving us a picture to look at in the catalogue . :smiley-laughing:...exciting times ahead folk's  :thumbsup:
Thank's for the pics H

Tank

Thanks for the pics and updates guys.  For me, I'd like the NSE 86 (which looks very detailed), the 121, and the 03.  All of which I have in NSE already, but all of which are not as detailed.  I'm also waiting for my NGS Queen Mary's - one of which will be repainted.

H

Quote from: Tank on May 29, 2011, 09:53:16 AMFor me, I'd like the NSE 86 (which looks very detailed), the 121, and the 03. 

What about the 4-CEP?  :o

As a NSE man surely you'd want several of them.

H.

Adam1701D

Come now, Grahame - surely you remember that NSE started in June 1986 - years after the last 4-CEP was refurbished.  ;D

Still, it looks to be a good model and anything to stimulate interest in Southern EMUs can only be good news.

With the CEP and the Desiro, Bachmann are targeting either end of the EMU timeline. What's needed is something for the middle, such as a 319.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Tank

Quote from: H on May 29, 2011, 10:33:25 AM
What about the 4-CEP?  :o

I'm in two minds about them to be honest.  If I hear of them being made available in NSE livery then I would love a couple.  It'll be a question of a repaint for now though, and a 4CEP wasn't on my 'want' list for EMU's.  :-\  I should be grateful that it's available though.....we'll see how many pennies I have when it's released. :D

H

Quote from: captainelectra on May 29, 2011, 12:11:24 PM
Come now, Grahame - surely you remember that NSE started in June 1986 - years after the last 4-CEP was refurbished. 

Yes, I know it's initially an unrefurbished version but whats to say that;

a) Farish won't be doing a refurbished version,
b) that Tank can't convert one,
c) or that he doesn't mind painting an unrefurbished one in to NSE livery - after all he applies NSE livery to other stock that was never so painted and is a massive NSE enthusiast.  ;)

H.

Tank

Quote from: H on May 29, 2011, 02:00:33 PM
...and is a massive NSE enthusiast.  ;)

How dare you.  I've only put on a little weight since Christmas. :'(       :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

I'm sure that if there is enough money in the kitty, and Farish haven't announced an NSE livery model, then my fingers will be itching for the paintbrushes. :D

moogle

A 4CEP!  :thumbsup: Mmm... I remember going on these down to Margate for a day out as a kid.
They were in the old 'Jaffa Cake' livery being on the Victoria line.
(O.K, as a teenager, they were in blue or blue/grey when I was a kid!  :smiley-laughing:)
Had to get on a train made up of 2EPB/4EPB's on the North Kent line 1st though.
I wonder if they are next?  ???

The other stuff looks good too.
I can see many early 60's mini branchline layouts appearing with one of those bubble cars!
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations