Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

this is worrying, my second visit to the happy thread in a week  :-[

SWMBO and I duly reported for our covid boosters today, waited about five minutes, and went in together.
common sense prevailed and we were not made to have two separate appointments.

all good so far, SWMBO had her's first after answering the questions, then my turn.

you haven't had the initial and second jabs.

yes I have.

according to the system you haven't.

according to these two pieces of paper I have.

ahh.

much key pounding and under breath cursing, and the system finally decided that  paper beats computer, and I had actually had my first two jabs.

answered the questions, including confirming that I was not pregnant  :-[ and a small prick, in my arm, and I was sorted..

a very patient lady doing the injections, who's job would have been much easier if the  :censored: sytem actually worked.

waited for our 15 minute 'soak' then headed home for a cuppa for SWMBO and a wee dram for me.

as previously loads of cheerful volunteers to keep things running reasonably smoothly, and to them a big  :thankyousign: for donating their time and effort.

I presume all to be repeated again next year unless someone gets their act together and we can have boosters and flu jabs together at the surgery.

Newportnobby

Very similar experience. Took Sis to her 4pm appointment and could see they weren't exactly jam packed so thought "If you don't ask you don't get". Asked if, as I was just 3 days shy of the 6 months since my 2nd jab, could I get jabbed as well. "Sure, just tell them when your sister's injected". So I did and I was. 15 mins later we were both out and 'boostered'.
Well done to all concerned at the centre but, sorry, I'm the sort of 'walk in' who takes places up :)

guest311

you do of course realise that in three days time you will be inundated with text messages telling you are eligable to book your booster, then daily texts reminding you to book your booster ?

::)

but glad to know you are now duly 'pricked' and safe for the foreseeable future.

Trainfish

Quote from: class37025 on November 11, 2021, 04:16:21 PM
..................answered the questions, including confirming that I was not pregnant  :-[ and a small prick..............

I can't believe they asked such personal questions  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

I wondered how long it would be before you made a comment on that  >:D

Calnefoxile

Quote from: class37025 on November 11, 2021, 04:16:21 PM

including confirming that I was not pregnant  :-[ and a small prick, in my arm, and I was sorted..

To beat John to it though, does this now mean you are pregnant after the 2nd bit  :P :P :P :P

Regards

Neal.

guest311

@Calnefoxile

just to advise you that I have black balled your application of the Naughty step club.

you just can't make a simple comment some times with someone having a go  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Papyrus

@class37025 Do you realise you posted on the Unhappy Thread, the Angry Thread and the Happy Thread, all within the space of 10 minutes!?  :'( :veryangry: :claphappy:

Have you considered counselling for your emotional turmoil?  :D

Cheers,

Chris

Trainfish

I think he's just very confused. Quite normal apparently for someone with a sm...................
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

railsquid

W000t, it has been decided that the daily zoom meeting conducted to the background of "Random Sounds of the Subcontinent - Sorry Can You Say That Again?" will be discontinued forthwith.

:bounce:

daffy

Busy time in Daffyland lately, with a booster jab done and dusted; eyes tested and new spectacles fitted at reduced cost due to errors by Opticians; MRI scan of my back done and shows nothing serious, mainly just age-related wear and tear, so Physio and me both happy.

In fact I've been busy trying hard to strain my back this last couple of weeks and have nearly completed my all-new front fence after Yodel driver demolished half of it three weeks ago. Just another day should see it all done and dusted. I've been emailing Yodel most politely this last few weeks as the driver's agent has failed to contact me - I always find the gentle but firm and persistent approach to such matters works best. Today my efforts are rewarded as Yodel rang to say they will deal with the agent and I will get a full recompense of my costs.  So just under £400.00 is being paid into my bank account from them direct in settlement. I'm well pleased as they had asked for a quote from a contractor but none around here available to do it for weeks, so Yodel agreed my own labour charges as well as the materials and sundries.

I took the opportunity to replace the undamaged half at my own expense so now it's all looks tickety-boo and all ready for the next errant delivery driver. Well pleased as we had decided a while back that we would replace and improve the fence some day anyway! :D

Happy days! :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

I am glad that things are going in the right direction for you Mike - but don't try to hard or else you may well do some damage to your back.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

All sounds good, Mike.
I look forward to pics of the new 'anti Yodel' fence :)

crewearpley40

Mike. Relief. Im too glad yodel have compensated you . Take care of yourself. Chris

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations