My Pets

Started by dannyboy, December 28, 2021, 06:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

I could not find a specific thread so, as a lot of members have pets, I thought I would start a new thread to show the pets 'as they are', when they have nothing to do with our modelling, rather than when they get involved in modelling.

Some of you may remember earlier in the year I mentioned that a couple of stray cats had taken up residence in our shed and subsequently had a litter. Well, it happened again in September. Three of this latest litter survived, two tabbies and a black and white one. They have, eventually, become quite friendly and the black and white one, who is half the size of his siblings, has taken to sitting on my lap. However, I noticed the week before Christmas that he had what appeared to be, basically, a cold and sometimes struggled with his breathing. So two visits to the Vet' in the run up to Christmas, (and €60 from my wallet), which showed that he only weighed 1kg., some tablets, powder and medicine and he seemed to be improving. However, he has gone downhill a bit the last couple of days, so I will be ringing the Vet' tomorrow. Yeh I know, I am rambling. I just thought I would show you a picture of the little one that I have just taken. It is called 'Warming My Feet'.

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Nbodger

Phew, for a minute I thought it was another of your joke threads  :no:

RBTKraisee

It wouldn't be Christmas time without some "SNOW"...

She makes us laugh!

Ross.

"The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the stars" -Robert Heinlein
An Ex-Pat Brit:  Two decades living in Florida and still an unhealthy shade of "British Tourist White"

Steam Locomotive Wheel Dimensions: https://www.shorturl.at/xAEKW

All my available products are listed in the first post in my workbench thread.

BlythPower

Here's Millie putting a stop to my working from home.

stevewalker

Here's Jaffa and Josie - not growling each other for a change:

and Jenna (she's big - that's an A3 printer she's sat on and she weighs 8.5kg):

We also have Freddie, currently hibernating. Was found wandering and the owners could not be located. A vet estimated 60 to 70 years old ... and that was 50 years ago!):

Papyrus

These are our three, taken in 2019:

Jasmine, the alley cat that thinks she's a princess, then the two Lagottos, Lexie and Bella.

Jasmine is now about 16 and very frail. She was diagnosed with kidney failure 15 months ago, but the vet is keeping her going on fortnightly antibiotic injections. She has lost nearly half her body weight and now weighs barely 2kg, but she's not giving up yet and still queues up for titbits of fish, prawn or chicken (and turkey in recent days). All the time she still has quality of life, we are happy to keep her going.

She still rules the dogs with a claw of iron. Lexie is very wary of her even after all this time. Bella is quite fond of her on the quiet - she gets very worried whenever Jasmine is put in the basket for the trip to the vet. Lexie is 6, and Bella is 6 months younger. They are both very lively and bouncy, but just brilliant with the 2 grandsons. Bella in particular is besotted with the younger one. Mrs Papyrus keeps muttering darkly about adopting another dog or cat when Jasmine goes...  :no:

Cheers,

Chris

guest311

unfortunately we don't have a pet ....

we've just got HB  :'(

oh, and the couch potato, Izzy

who's idea of a long walk is to the water bowl and back to the settee  :hmmm:

Lazy-Ferret

We have 11 of these little monsters, whose only ambition in life it to wreck everything, but they make us laugh.

"Only a man that drives a second-hand car knows how hard it is to drive a bargain!"
South East 4x4 Responder

about our other loves

The Q

Mid moving the keel for my boat, someone decided he was more important.
Ben the supervisor Collie.

dannyboy

The Long And The Short

I started this thread with a photograph of the kitten warming its feet by the fire. The kitten is not well and is back at the Vet's this afternoon for his third visit in two weeks. He has what appears to be a sore eye and a runny nose and his breathing does not seem right. He looks like he is only a few weeks old, but is now about 17 or 18 weeks old and is definitely the runt of the litter. Hopefully the Vet can sort him out with some more medicine. However, the purpose of this post is to show you how 'Blue', our cross German Shepherd, who is about 14 or 15 years old and a big dog, has taken to looking after the kitten. In the photograph, you can see the kittens poorly eye - and his runny nose! (Costing me a lot in cotton wool!  ;)).

David.

twinklekev

This is Cassie. The matriarch of the house.

This is Biskit (when he was a bit younger)

And these are the kittens. Twinkle and Sparkle. They are now 5 months old and a right pair... :D

port perran

Our two pets are deep asleep in their Winter boxes.
They should be up and raring to go by early March.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

dannyboy

"On Me 'Ead Son"

The kitten referred to in earlier posts, although not fully well yet, seems to be a lot better these last few days, although he had his last tablet last night, (and put one of his fangs through my finger   :ouch:), so we will see if another visit to the Vet' is needed. He then decided he wanted to watch last nights football match on the television.

David.

Ossian

This is Pippin, my 7 year old Bearded Collie.   

weave

This is Saskia (Sassy), one of our 4 dogs, still sulking after being extremely badly shorn by my wife....

Even more so after seeing the lovely Pippin in the post above.....

I'll try and find some nice ones to do her justice plus get some of the other three.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations