Not a day I expected.

Started by TrevL, December 25, 2021, 07:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevL

Like more than a few of us, we was expecting a great day, with Mum-in-law, Bro-in-law, our two son with their partners plus one grandson for Christmas dinner.  Sadly not the case.  Bilbo the boxer, (my avatar) collapsed about 9.00am, couldn't get up, I had to carry him downstairs.  His head was swaying side to side, and his eyes constantly doing the same.  Had to call the emergency vets and went immediately. Sadly there was nothing to be done and he passed away at 11.30 this morning.
The day went off ok but more than a few tears were shed, especially when my Sons two dogs arrived and there was no Bilbo to greet them . They spent a lot of time looking for him.  Breaks your heart.
He had a good innings though, almost 12, which is good for a boxer.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Nbodger

Trev,

So sorry to hear of your loss, dogs are part of the family and when departed leave a large missing in your life.

Best Wishes
Mike H

dannyboy

That is so sad Trev. As Mike says, your dog, (or any other pet for that matter), is part of the family.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Gordon

Sorry to hear that - sad that it should happen right at the beginning of the day.
Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Bob Tidbury

For various reasons ,its a long story ,I went back to work the day after my mum died .
But when my dog died I was so upsett I had to take unpaid days off I was like a bear with a sore head ,and was snapping at everyone for the least reason ,NOT a good idea facing customers in that state .
He really was treated like the little boy of the family,and I still miss him .
:sorrysign:  for your loss and I know how you feel.
Bob Tidbury

Mr Sprue

@TrevL

As a family we had a Boxer when I was young lad, they are such lovely boisterous dogs so I can understand the emptiness your home is experiencing right now and to top that on Christmas day. Sad loss :(

Papyrus

So sorry to hear that, Trev. I've had to say a tearful goodbye to a good few cats and dogs over the years, but never with such rotten timing. Hope you managed to extract some enjoyment from the rest of the day and raised a glass in his memory.

Best wishes,

Chris

TrevL

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.  I really miss our twice daily walks, and more especially his head on my chest every evening whilst I watched TV.  At least I have him home again, taking pride of place above the height of young children's hands.

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Mr Sprue

We still have our dog's ashes and collar on the shelf in the conservatory, it sort of helps to cushion the blow and to feel that he's still with us.

Rocks went to his maker back in 2005!

Papyrus

In 2011 we scattered the ashes of Questo, our Spinone, in the woods behind the house along with those of his lifelong girlfriend, Shelley the Labrador, who lived 3 doors down. Then in 2018 we took the ashes of our old Lagotto, Markie, down to the beach at Ferring and scattered them within sight and smell of the Bluebird Cafe which he loved. Cafes and pubs were where he was most at home... Happy memories.

Cheers,

Chris

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations