RIP Sir Frank Williams

Started by exmouthcraig, November 29, 2021, 07:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exmouthcraig

I should of posted this yesterday after hearing the very sad news of Sir Frank's passing.

A truly magnificent bloke, who didnt come from a rich background and was for most of his career 'the underdog'

Teaming up with good friend Sir Patrick Head the pair became a formidable partnership, exposing loop holes in legislation and some very questionable business deals at times

BUT

The great man became the legend he is engineering fantastic machinery for World Championships for
Alan Jones
Keke Rosberg
Nelson Piquet
Nigel Mansell
Alain Prost
Damon Hill
Jacques Villeneuve

And working with Ayrton Senna, Juan Pablo Montoya, Ralf Schumacher and many others. Frank saw opportunity in many unknown and unproven drivers and a few times the big gambles paid off.

He upset a few people and many a driver with underhand dealings BUT he was a fantastic businessman and the desire to win never left him.

Luckily for him Ginny always stood by him and bankrolled many a time in the early days. Frank openly admitted that he preferred the wheeling and dealing ways of the early days, and although the desire was World Dominance which he achieved he never enjoyed the spotlight or how easy everything became when you are the top of the tree.

Frank had never read the autobiography written by Ginny, and he admitted to Claire one day he would, he did know her struggle through everything, especially 1986 - 87 and I'd love to hope he did honour that promise and as hard as that would of been to read it would affirm the fact she always loved him.

I'd also love to hope that the rift between Claire and Johnathan was resolved before his passing, typical family arguments that got twisted out of proportion.

The F1 paddock became a lesser place when you didnt travel to the races Frank and the world has lost a legend.

Rest in Peace Sir  :'(

Newportnobby

Smashing summation, Craig.
He always seemed to achieve results beyond his means and many, many people have him to thank for their careers.
A very sad loss :(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations