Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themadhippy

poxy ruddy banks.Had my account with the same place  for donkeys years,  the big sell offs took place and the small freindly local got bought out but the new owners  offered me the same type of account so all was good,until today when a new card arrived.Its one of those  contacless jobbies that i dont want,phone bank,no problem we'll issue a non contactless  card , just let me take some details ,o hang  that type of  account isnt eligible for a debit card only a cash card. So explain please why for the past 9 years ive been with you ,and the many years previous ive had a debit card? erm ere mmm dont know.Ok put me onto an acount that can,without any charges or overdraft facilitates,just like my acount was  .we dont do one.Ok then what can you offer me? Let us just check your credit history,are those details correct sir we cant find any  details of any loans, mortgage,or credit card ? yep thats right i avoid em.well were sorry theres nothing we an offer you apart from the account your currently on :veryangry:
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

austinbob

What a pain. I suppose its called 'customer care' these days.
Time to find another 'caring' bank.
:no:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Malc

I don't know who you are with, but my wife was issued with a contactless card, which she didn't want. Lloyd's changed it with no problems.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

themadhippy

QuoteLloyd's changed it with no problems
Getting it changed wasnt the problem,they were ready to change it until they discovered that  i had the very basic account ,and that account isn't   eligible for debit cards,and never has been,even though ive  had a debit card  with  the account for years.
QuoteTime to find another 'caring' bank
Indeed,however a trawl throught the T's and C's for the basic acounts all say you cant have one if you have another bank account elsewere :veryangry:
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

daffy

Nothing to stop you swapping banks. Most banks will do a transfer of your account for you, moving over all direct debits and notifying all those who regularly pay into your account, et cetera. Some banks currently offer an incentive to do so. When I moved to Halifax bank some time back they paid me £100 for the privelage.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

austinbob

Quote from: daffy on October 19, 2017, 05:37:43 PM
Nothing to stop you swapping banks. Most banks will do a transfer of your account for you, moving over all direct debits and notifying all those who regularly pay into your account, et cetera. Some banks currently offer an incentive to do so. When I moved to Halifax bank some time back they paid me £100 for the privelage.
Must say I've been with Halifax for years and no problems so far.... Touch wood.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Ian Bowden

For some perverted reason your credit rating increases when you have more debt.

thebrighton

Quote from: Ian Bowden on October 22, 2017, 01:03:28 AM
For some perverted reason your credit rating increases when you have more debt.
Oh yes, years working for Lloyds in a past life taught me that. I used to have a top notch credit rating but since I paid off my mortgage and now don't owe a penny to anyone it's quite rapidly falling. The way the system works is that if someone is lending you money and you're paying it back no problem you are obviously a good risk. The system can't comprehend that you don't need to borrow money so assumes you're not as no one will lend to you so you are obviously a poor credit risk.

Newportnobby

It's why lots of people got into trouble. If you struggled to pay off an existing credit bill all the banks did was extend your credit limit. Not that I have ever struggled, but at one stage my credit limit was £10500.
I told the bank not to be so  :censored: stupid and reduce it to a max of £500 ::)

Bealman

I have a credit limit of $29000 on a card, which tried to cancel, and I got someone who had a basic grasp of English trying to talk me out of it.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Quote from: Lindi on October 22, 2017, 11:00:46 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on October 22, 2017, 10:21:23 AM
It's why lots of people got into trouble. If you struggled to pay off an existing credit bill all the banks did was extend your credit limit.

Banks would only extend the credit limit if you are making regular payments.

Quite true, but when that regular payment, from some, is the bare minimum because that's all they can afford, then as far as I'm concerned to increase the credit limit of someone in that position, as I know they have done, is morally reprehensible and financially irresponsible.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

port perran

Grrr.
Caught the train yesterday from Redruth to Bristol and return to watch the football. A trip I make 5 or 6 times a season with Cross Country trains.
The up trip was fine (if a little crowded).
Coming home however. First confusion for all at Temple Meads where the train was shown as foe Exeter (not the booked Penzance). No platform announcements other than this is the 17.43 to Exeter.
It was only after the train left that it was announced that the train would indeed terminate at Exeter (due to a member of staff being unavailable),
We all had to disembark and wait one hour for the next service.
On questioning the train manager it be ame apparent that it was the new train manager (Exeter to Penzance who was unavailable).
The coyager then continued to Penzance empty.
Ok probably couldn't be helped but the staff at Temple Meads were of no help and didn't seem aware of the problem at all.
Not good PR. It's not too bad for those of us who know a bit about railways but the general public on the platform were obviously very confised and anxious.
Anyway, as luck would have it I eventulaay arrived 64 mins late at Redruth so a compensation claim is on its way to Cross Country.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

railsquid

Gah, after finally training my parents not to CC: their entire address books when forwarding "funnies", my mother has gone and done it again, and I bet half the recipient list are running unpatched Windows XP.

Farewell current primary personal email address, it was nice knowing you.

Newportnobby

I feel your pain, Squiddy.
My mother uses an iPad and I have shown her time after time how to strip all other addresses out but still she forwards any mails I send her to her friends with my mail address on display, and any I get from her always have every pensioners' mail addresses in the UK and beyond, I swear :doh:
I suppose I ought to be glad at her age she is using her tablet as well as taking them but it is most frustrating as, somewhere, she has a piece of paper where I wrote the process down.

railsquid

Quote from: newportnobby on November 22, 2017, 03:46:32 PM
I feel your pain, Squiddy.
My mother uses an iPad and I have shown her time after time how to strip all other addresses out but still she forwards any mails I send her to her friends with my mail address on display, and any I get from her always have every pensioners' mail addresses in the UK and beyond, I swear :doh:
I suppose I ought to be glad at her age she is using her tablet as well as taking them but it is most frustrating as, somewhere, she has a piece of paper where I wrote the process down.

On the plus side, I did persuade my parents to make the switch to Macs a while back, and since then I no longer spend any significant time fending off support requests and those I do get I have a reasonable chance of answering ("yes I do work in IT, but the last time I used Windows on a daily basis was when NT was still a thing").

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations