what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firstone18

Usually Absolute Radio 70's or 80's, but just got Adele 30, and it is as I expected: brilliant!
Cheers
Keith
NGS 21472
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

Malc

An episode of Round the Horn. For our younger members a comedy show from the last century.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

joe cassidy

So you still have a wireless set with valves then Malc ?

Newportnobby

Prompted by 'Classic Albums' on Sky Arts, I'm now playing The Who's Next album containing of course such classics as 'Baba O'Riley' and 'Won't get fooled again'

Nbodger

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 20, 2021, 04:14:00 PM
Prompted by 'Classic Albums' on Sky Arts, I'm now playing The Who's Next album containing of course such classics as 'Baba O'Riley' and 'Won't get fooled again'

Brilliant Album

Behind Blue Eyes!

GoesWhenReady

Working on the layout with cold season abound, while listening to this mix:

N is small and ideal for all.

Newportnobby

Mussorgsky 'Night on the bare mountain' - a hugely descriptive piece which, to my mind, ranks alongside much Wagner and Saint-Saens 'Danse Macabre' for sheer visualisation of the subject matter.

Malc

I often play the ELP version of Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition. I assume you've heard it @Newportnobby .
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on December 02, 2021, 10:01:41 AM
I often play the ELP version of Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition. I assume you've heard it @Newportnobby .

@Malc Long enough ago I have it on vinyl :)

AlexanderJesse

Music was my first love

Having learned from the newspaper that John Miles has crossed the bridged at age 72, I HAD to listen to this great hit.

With its last lines "...in this world of trouble the music pulls öe through"

RIP John
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

Newportnobby

One of my all time favourite Rush tracks with a superb intro (there's nowt like a good crescendo)

Trainfish

Great track by one of the best 3 piece rock bands ever in my eyes. I like Tom Sawyer better though  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

According to their sound engineer, after an initial tune-up they did the whole 11 mins in one take.
Impressive if true.

Tonye

A Christmas present - British Lion - The Burning .
Steve Harris - Iron Maiden assists with his bass guitar.
Tony .H

Trainfish

Quote from: Tonye on December 29, 2021, 12:29:34 PM
A Christmas present - British Lion - The Burning .
Steve Harris - Iron Maiden assists with his bass guitar.

My local pub! I haven't seen Steve Harris in there but it has been known for Robert Plant to pop in sometimes. He got refused entry the first time he visited but that's another story  :hmmm:

I have the first British Lion CD (released in 2012) called British Lion and if The Burning is as good as that you'll be a happy chappy  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations