Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geofff and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bealman

Quote from: Jeff_W on September 04, 2019, 08:32:28 PM
These arrived yesterday:

Also got the structure in the background, though I'm not sure 100% if it's what I need. I do like these Graham Farish 3-car sets...I think this is my fourth different one.

Yes, I like them too. I like the wagons having different numbers.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Hailstone

I got my "C" class a couple of weeks ago, but this is the first opportunity I have had to take a photo

I have added real coal and a crew, which just sets off a truly exquisite model that runs as good as it looks. topped off with a Birdcage set, the result is beyond words

Regards,

Alex

railsquid

Here's another one knocked off my childhood list of OO locos I really wanted but couldn't afford so am now catching up, albeit in N gauge:

Dapol Class-58 (58012) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

I have a soft spot for the 58s because I had my one and only cab ride on one (I believe on March 30th 1985). Hard to find in the "red stripe" Railfreight livery, which is one of my favourites.

Bealman

More like the chameleon livery - kinda blends in with the background!  :thumbsup:

crewearpley40

Looking good. All you need are original freightliners or a rake of haa 's for your 58 to haul

Jeff_W

These arrived yesterday, along with some scenic materials (which isn't as exciting).

BR 20T Brake Van

Class J39

The new Class 50 from Dapol

DarrwestLU6

Quote from: railsquid on September 10, 2019, 04:38:00 AM
Here's another one knocked off my childhood list of OO locos I really wanted but couldn't afford so am now catching up, albeit in N gauge:

Dapol Class-58 (58012) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

I have a soft spot for the 58s because I had my one and only cab ride on one (I believe on March 30th 1985). Hard to find in the "red stripe" Railfreight livery, which is one of my favourites.

Looks really nice!
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

DarrwestLU6

@Jeff_W - love the class 50 in blue!  It's the wrong era for me but it looks really, really nice!
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

RailGooner

My haul from TINGS...

Images © Mark Adedeji, on Flickr

The pocket-wagon was a total fluke. I'd intended to buy some bulktainers from the RevolutioN stand, but they were busy on my first stop. When I got to the C=Rail stand, there was a buy ten get the cheapest free offer on, so I had to take advantage. As I was about to leave, I asked when the pocket-wagons might be available. "What these(!)?" came the reply. I think 50 were express freighted over, ahead of the bulk of production. Well it would've been rude not to take one. I did leave some for everybody else. :D

Candy Apple Head

I picked up this lovely Black 5 at TINGS at the weekend. It was a great piece of luck - I was hoping to find an early Crest Black 5 but the only ones I could find were a heavy-weathered one at TMC for £140 or a dodgy Glasgow Highlander at the Brass parts stand. I went and had a coffee and then decided to brave Anoraks Anonymous, which had been absolutely mobbed earlier. After patiently waiting to get to the front I had a rummage and there it was, priced at £79! I snapped it up instantly. I assume it's second hand but it's as new, all spare parts still in the bag.

Pleased to say it runs beautifully too.

crewearpley40

Thats a bargain. Nothing wrong with the black 5 then?

Bealman

He says it runs beautifully.

A very canny purchase!  :thumbsup:

Mr. Germanman

You are a lucky one !
May be it is the light on the photo, the boiler looks a little bit green, isn´t it ?
Meickel
Better a small and ugly Layout as no Modelrailway

Candy Apple Head

Quote from: Mr. Germanman on September 16, 2019, 09:43:20 PM
You are a lucky one !
May be it is the light on the photo, the boiler looks a little bit green, isn´t it ?
Meickel

No, it's not green! Must be the light.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations