Dapol Nthusiast Club announcement

Started by Caz, March 08, 2013, 12:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyGif

Its an internet 78 record almost a wax cylinder.

longbridge

Crikey I wont even go near Facebook to find out what my kids have been up to  :doh:  I agree with Tank things like that should be on their website or maybe on this forum  :D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

alibuchan

Can anyone tell me the details for the class 22 and milk tanker sets as I would be very interested in getting ths set and rejoining the club.

I'm after the livery of the 22 and the company and livery that the tanks are in.

Also the price for the set.

Cheers

Alistair

Sprintex

Quote from: Brooksy on March 08, 2013, 02:53:58 PM
Not useful for those that don't (want to) use Facebook.

Seems to be a general assumption of a lot of companies these days that everyone is either on Facebook or can't wait to sign up, VERY annoying!  :veryangry:

Paul

Caz

They say in today's annoucement "Renewal letters are going out as we speak, and the next newsletter has the class 22 and milk tank offer application form inside."  So hopefully we should know a lot more when this arrives.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Adam1701D

Wonder if it's worth my while re-joining? I dropped out after the first year but was still able to see the Yahoogroup, which generally seemed to be people complaining about the lack of updates. :no:

I must admit to quite fancying one of the 22+ milk tanker packs, so will see what develops.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

EtchedPixels

Quote from: captainelectra on March 08, 2013, 09:21:03 PM
Wonder if it's worth my while re-joining? I dropped out after the first year but was still able to see the Yahoogroup, which generally seemed to be people complaining about the lack of updates. :no:

I must admit to quite fancying one of the 22+ milk tanker packs, so will see what develops.

I imagine a healthy resale supply on ebay 8)

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Adam1701D

You mean it could be quite....profitable?

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

bbdave

From my experience not alot of what Dapol does works properly so nothing new here.

Dave

Karhedron

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 09, 2013, 01:38:00 PM
I imagine a healthy resale supply on ebay 8)
Not mine, those little beauties will be right at home on my layout. :D

Too bad it is only 1 per member but after seeing what Silver Link goes for now on eBay, I can understand the reasoning.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

zwilnik

The Facebook decision is a bit of an odd one. One of the 'features' of FB is that when you make a post only a random 15% of your fans (ie people that liked your page) will see it unless you pay to promote it, which gets very expensive once you've got a decent fan base.

Then again, Yahoo groups is one of the worst spam generating, awful to manage, buggy ways to communicate with a group going, so it must be a case of anything is better.

alibuchan

Hi guys,

Has there been any more news on the 22 and tankers?

Alistair

Caz

Last I heard was mid May for the Class 22 so I guess the N'thusiast's pack would be a little later as they have to be weathered.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

daveg

I wouldn't go anywhere near Facebook but that's a personal choice.

Is there any value in the idea that members of the NGF could raise a (mass) request that Dapol do as suggested by Tank, via the forum?

I've had mixed responses from emailing Dapol but a message with hundreds of names on it and under the flag of the NGF may get us noticed.

Dave G

Karhedron

I think Dapol prefer RMWeb, particularly as they have growing ranges in other scales.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations