The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Trainfish on October 15, 2012, 07:29:38 PM
I understand what you're saying but we have caller ID too. However, it doesn't stop the damn thing ringing.

You need a smarter phone 8)

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Lawrence

I had a call telling me I had a virus on my pc (which was not switched on), I said I had no virus, and had not had a virus for over 3 years, it kinda went like this:

Caller : Sir, our scans show you definitely have a virus

Me: so you have illegally hacked my pc and scanned my HD have you?

Caller: Oh no sir, it is merely a service we provide we don't access any data

Me: If you don't access any data how do you know I have a virus

Caller: Sir, it is a discreet scan that does not access any personal data

Me: So how did you get my number if it does not access any personal data

Caller: Sir, your details were in our worldwide database and it automatically tells us when a problem is discovered.

Me: I definitely have no virus' on my pc

Caller: (now quite stroppy - and no Sir now) Yes you do, how do you know, you're not a computer expert, you don't know what you're doing!

Me: WTF! you know nothing about me or what I do for a living you cheeky wee *******, I've been working with computers since before you were ******* born you parasitical little piece of ****, if you ever call this number again I will fly over there and shove your ******* headset up your ******* ****, now **** ***. 

Then it all went quiet!

Lucky he got me on a good day  :D

scotsoft

I am so pleased you added that last line as I was about to reply saying the same thing  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

MikeDunn

SWMBO managed to keep the buggers on the line for over 20 minutes ... my record is only 15  :P

Agrippa

On somewhat similar thread I was having my tea one evening
when the doorbell rang, I was a bit p'd off and opened the door.

There was a young guy with a clipboard and a yellow vest
who said he was from XYZ energy co or something and could
save me 30 % on my gas bill. I told him that would be incredible
as I'm all electric. He didn't seem to get it and shuffled off.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Donkey

Have you tried registering (for free) with the Telephone Preference Service http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/number_type.html ? After you register, all unsolicited calls should stop within a couple of weeks. It has worked a treat for me and family and friends I have told about it. You do however have to re-register every 12 months. Not sure if other countries have a version of this service.

Marty

longbridge

It seems to me that there is always someone wanting to annoy the crap out of people these days, more adverts on TV and Radio than actual programme content, adverts on Smart Phones, annoying phone calls, TV channels dedicated to selling stuff, and model railway forums where members think that everyone is below them, all they want to do is plunder our wallets and lets face it things are tough enough without all that rubbish, thank goodness I can retreat to the shed and my layouts.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Kipper

I sometimes get a silent call, which goes on for about 30 seconds. If I hang on, BT come on the line, quoting a phone number, where each digit is spoken by a different person. It then asks me to press either 3 or 5 to hear the message. I then get a similar multi voiced message from my dentist, reminding me of my next appointment. I have asked them to remove me from their reminder list, but to no avail.

scotsoft

Quote from: Donkey on October 15, 2012, 08:33:27 PM
Have you tried registering (for free) with the Telephone Preference Service http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/number_type.html ? After you register, all unsolicited calls should stop within a couple of weeks. It has worked a treat for me and family and friends I have told about it. You do however have to re-register every 12 months. Not sure if other countries have a version of this service.

Marty

I have not heard you have to re-register every twelve months  :confused2:

You also need to tick the opt out of the Voter Roll bit on the form from the coucil (I can't remember the correct name for it)

Also be ex directory and if anyone in a shop or online asks for a contact phone number give them a mobile number, it only took one call to T-Mobile to get all advertising text messages stopped  ;)

cheers John.

bigbear

Quote from: Donkey on October 15, 2012, 08:33:27 PM

Marty

We are on this list and it's quite a good thing to use: "We are on the TPS and if you'll just give me your company's details, We'll be happy to start proceedings against you". Usually takes a few milliseconds before the line goes dead!

I want to get a ref's whistle, but Mrs. Bigbear seems to think I'd get into trouble if I used it... I reckon it'd be quite some time before they could make another phone call, though!

Am I being too radical?

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on October 15, 2012, 08:52:50 PM

Voter Roll

I always thought that was an anti inflammatory gel :confused1:

Quote from: scotsoft on October 15, 2012, 08:52:50 PM

Also be ex directory

I've been ex directory for 3 years and now BT have cocked up and put me in their latest directory. I phoned them up and bol told them off but, heck, the damage is done and they're not going to recall all the local directories, are they?

Pengi

Long queues at the Post Office being made longer by counter staff attempting to sell life insurance to customers . . .
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

bigbear

Well if you're going to be in the queue that long, it makes sense to sell life insurance! Perhaps they'll start selling refreshments from those trays you used to see in cinemas too?

Kipper

Post Office queue today was full of ebayers, posting their parcels!!!! Went to the newspaper counter to cash in a £10 lottery ticket, only to be told that payouts had to be done at the PO counter!!!! I could buy a lottery ticket, but not cash one in. Won't be going back there for my lottery. One time I support closing little two window sub post offices, as this one is a total waste of time. If you are lucky enough to get to the counter, the husband and wife who run it are rude and grumpy - doctor's receptionists in a past life, I bet - and don't get me started on them.
Too late, I've started. Took mother for her flu jab to the local surgery. Asked if I could have one, as I am her carer and also with my cancer treatment, I am susceptible to the flu. Appears I am not a registered carer (with Social Services) so no, and only cancer patients on chemo can have it. So off to Boots for a £10 jab.

Cimmerian

If it helps they're £7 in Asda.
Regards, Ken

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations