Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Its been 2 years and 9 months since SWMBO went on a holiday and tomorrow I will be getting my caravan from my Sons place and getting it ready for a trip.

Hope to leave on Saturday for a  2 1/2 week trip including a week beside the main North Coast railway line videoing triple headed freight trains as they climb the Border Range mountains. 
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Lawrence

Have a great time Dave, look forward to some of the footage - of the trains that is  ::)

Cimmerian

Have a great trip, Dave. You can't beat a good holiday.

I'm looking forward to getting back out in my caravan this year. I have two weeks by the West Somerset Railway to look forward again this year. I just hope I get to be away on the day we have summer this year. ;D
Regards, Ken

Trainfish

That is excellent news Ken and I have absolutely no doubt she is over the moon with the news. I know she will be as I have been having tests for bowel cancer over the past couple of months (maybe a little longer actually due to the inadequacies of my GP) and 3 weeks ago I was given the all clear. It's like a HUGE load has been lifted from your shoulders especially when there is some family history for the same thing. I lost my father to bowel cancer at the 'tender' age of 61  :(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Cimmerian

She looked like a different woman. That grey colour was gone and I can't remember the last time she looked this happy. It was really wonderful.
Regards, Ken

Newportnobby

Quote from: oldrailbug on February 13, 2012, 10:11:32 PM
Its been 2 years and 9 months since SWMBO went on a holiday and tomorrow I will be getting my caravan from my Sons place and getting it ready for a trip.

Hope to leave on Saturday for a  2 1/2 week trip including a week beside the main North Coast railway line videoing triple headed freight trains as they climb the Border Range mountains.

Have a super holiday Dave. I am sure you and Mrs. ORB are looking forward to a break. We look forward to some great railway shots :camera: :thumbsup:

Bikeracer

I've got a Hornby Dublo Duchess of Athol three rail train set that I've had for 62 years although I've never even looked at it for more than twenty years,but the memories of playing with it are still strong.

Just scored a maroon Duchess of Hamilton on ebay so provided it's okay and the DCC conversion goes alright I'll be a very happy bunny.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Irish Padre

My wife and I share an eBay account which sends updates to her iPhone. Yesterday she noticed I was watching a Farish 'City of Leicester' and to cut a long story short my line I'd about to receive its first Pacific!!  She says it's a Valentines present!

Lawrence

Congratulations to our own Alex Crawford for winning yet more awards for his fantastic model building as featured in the NGS mag.  Nice one Eck  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tank

Quote from: Irish Padre on February 19, 2012, 03:07:11 PM
My wife and I share an eBay account which sends updates to her iPhone. Yesterday she noticed I was watching a Farish 'City of Leicester' and to cut a long story short my line I'd about to receive its first Pacific!!  She says it's a Valentines present!

Wow, what a wife!!!  :)  Mine rolls her eyes every time a package arrives in the post. ;D

Quote from: Lawrence on February 19, 2012, 03:26:42 PM
Congratulations to our own Alex Crawford for winning yet more awards for his fantastic model building as featured in the NGS mag.  Nice one Eck  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well done Alex. :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Irish Padre on February 19, 2012, 03:07:11 PM

Result :thumbsup: :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lawrence on February 19, 2012, 03:26:42 PM

Ditto that - well done, Alex :thumbsup:

Alex

Hi,

Gosh, how embarrasing  :-[ Can you turn that spotlight off now please.

First of all I'd like to thank my wife for putting up with me for 18 years. And my mum for having me..............

Thanks for your kind comments guys, much appreciated. N Gauge is certainly a challenge when it comes to scratchbuilding/kit bashing. As you can't always buy what you want, sometimes there is no alternative but to make it yourself.

It's unfortunate that these models are no longer required as I've moved on from British to US outline. But there are a number of US scratchbuilds/kit bashinbg in the pipeline.

Tank, my wife gets all the Ebay emails saying congratulations you have won....again!

All I hear is a great big sigh and I think Yes! another bargain. :smiley-laughing:

Alex :wave:

Skyline2uk

A thought that made me smile recently....

Beloved's parents had me at their house for Christmas, and I found some fantastic N gauge figures in my stocking.

Add to them the lovely (and tiny!) woodern train found by my mum that I am going to use to model a kids playground, and a the advice on the placement of my war memorial from (history degree holding) beloved herself and all the people close to me have a hand in Filton TMD :-)

Bikeracer

My Duchess of Hamilton arrived today,just had it out of the box for a quick look and it looks barely used.....I think I'm in love. 8)

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations