Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

EtchedPixels

Just round the corner from the long weights
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

jonclox

:) Just home from the doctors where I had my annual breathing tests. Very little deterioration sinse last year  but being refered for a 6 week course sessions to establish exactly what forms of 'NHS help' I'm entitled/require for future stability of breathing   :hmmm:

John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

daveg

Well done Jon.

Good luck with the course. Hope you get all you need.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on January 25, 2013, 11:20:59 AM
:) Just home from the doctors where I had my annual breathing tests. Very little deterioration sinse last year  but being refered for a 6 week course sessions to establish exactly what forms of 'NHS help' I'm entitled/require for future stability of breathing   :hmmm:

Excellent news, Jon :claphappy:

Agrippa

Being introduced to a friend's new puppy, all fluffy
and licks.....
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Pengi

Took my passport form and pictures into the Post Office for checking and sending off on 23rd Jan and was told to expect that my passport would be back within 3 weeks. It was delivered on 26th Jan!
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Jerry Howlett

Pengy, sorry to dissapoint you but you don't need a passport to use the Portsmouth Harbour - Isle of Wight ferry..........
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Pengi

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on January 27, 2013, 03:57:04 PM
Pengy, sorry to dissapoint you but you don't need a passport to use the Portsmouth Harbour - Isle of Wight ferry..........

. . .  its for when I go up North - the border control is at Kensington Olympia
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Tank

I just got the winning bid (eBay) on a Class 150.  It has body damage, but that's fine for what I need.  £50 with postage added. :claphappy:  Then, after I got to the page that says "Congratulations! You've Won!" I see another 150 advertised underneath for £50 buy it now.  Well, before I could even think about what my wife would think, the fingers had done the clicking!!!!! :doh:   :)

So, one pair will go towards a Class 456, one power car will be a second motor for the Class 455.  The dummy will be used for something else eventually.

scotsoft

It's good when things go your way on eBay  :thumbsup:

guest311

Quote from: Tank on January 27, 2013, 08:11:08 PM
I just got the winning bid (eBay) on a Class 150.  It has body damage, but that's fine for what I need.  £50 with postage added. :claphappy:  Then, after I got to the page that says "Congratulations! You've Won!" I see another 150 advertised underneath for £50 buy it now.  Well, before I could even think about what my wife would think, the fingers had done the clicking!!!!! :doh:   :)

So, one pair will go towards a Class 456, one power car will be a second motor for the Class 455.  The dummy will be used for something else eventually.

it's not what she thinks that matters, it' what she SAYs  :smiley-laughing:

still not too cold tonight so you should be snug in the doghouse  :sleep:

jonclox

Looked out of the spare bedroom/railway room this morning and wasted time watching some MR BT men unloading and starting to install a highspeed fibre optic broadband cabinet directly opposite us so at last we might get a better connection as promised about a year ago  ::) :claphappy: :claphappy:

John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Caz

Joined Dapol's Nthusiasts club just before Christmas, mainly to buy the Class 22 and milk tankers club special but somehow my application got screwed up and wasn't actioned.  I contacted Joel who got on the case and as result today my membership packed finally arrived but with an added bonus of an extra two wagons (making three in total) as compensation for being messed around, well done Dapol.   :claphappy:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

MikeDunn

SWMBO picked up some bits'n'bobs in the B'ham branch of Iain Allen; nothing N (although they had a range of wagons & a few coaches on discount), but a OO Pullman 3rd to go with her 1sts, and an LNER Conflat (which was effectively free, as the Pullman was @ 33% off); she got the other Conflat in MZ - so she's chuffed  :laugh3:

Me, I got the 2nd volume of the 'Named Trains on LNER Lines' - cracking book and on offer as well :D - so I guess SWMBO got both Conflats free  :laugh:

(on a side note : if anyone wants the blue (1969) version of the Hornby OO Brighton Belle, they had in the 2-car pack as well as all the extras - all at discount.  Not my cup of tea ...)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations