Guess the layouts

Started by Dorsetmike, July 29, 2014, 11:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

A and B were both photographed at TINGS in 2005.

An electric service from Waterloo terminates at this station, and has done since electrification about 1937.

It is in Hampshire.

It used to be a junction for 2 branch lines, both now closed.

Answer, if needed, will be about this time tomorrow  (Saturday)
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Claude Dreyfus

Alton? Fits the description and looks like it. I have seen a couple of 00 models of it...I did not realise there was an N gauge version on the circuit...

Pengi

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on August 01, 2014, 11:35:23 PM
Alton? Fits the description and looks like it. I have seen a couple of 00 models of it...I did not realise there was an N gauge version on the circuit...

I think it is must be Alton, I got confused because I am used to seeing the station from the car-park side :smackedface:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Dorsetmike

Yep Alton it is, so far I can find no further detail from Google searches, I thought I had found an image that looked very similar even to the placing of one of the buses but it looked like it was actually an Orribly Oversize version by REC Farnborough.

Any news would be appreciated.

Does anybody else want to try and find 3 layouts to guess next week, post say Monday or Tuesday? If not I will trawl my photo archives see what else I can find, I might be able to manage a couple more weeks. Post to this thread if you have anything. Even if you only have pics of one or two layouts that will help keep it going.

Do the team think 3 pics of 3 layouts is too many, too few or just right? Less layouts per week might help the thread continue longer. Are 009 layouts acceptable?

My thoughts were that 3 pics per layout gave the format of 3 "show" posts - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Friday for extra clues if needed Saturday for answers and other comments, leaving Sunday and Monday to get the next lot ready.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Claude Dreyfus

I have a fair few pictures taken at shows...I'm sure I can rustle something up next week.

Whilst I think this should be mainly N (2 out of three is a pretty good ratio), the odd curved-ball does no harm. Keeps 'em on their toes... >:D

Dorsetmike

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on August 02, 2014, 10:57:09 AM
I have a fair few pictures taken at shows...I'm sure I can rustle something up next week.

Whilst I think this should be mainly N (2 out of three is a pretty good ratio), the odd curved-ball does no harm. Keeps 'em on their toes... >:D

OK over to you for next week, further thought can we keep it to at least 2 UK outline N layouts with one 009 or one non UK outline?
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

Claude Dreyfus

Okay, the gauntlet has been handed over...

I won't be able to post any pictures tomorrow, so I will have to set these first pictures tonight...

Picture 1.

Picture 2.

Another 009 layout...

PLD

I'll go for 'Clydach' for the 009...

No 2, I recognise but can't put a name to...

Claude Dreyfus

Quote from: PLD on August 03, 2014, 09:26:30 PM

Pretty much there with Clydach. Insert the 'Aber' prefix and you have it!

Taken at Abrail in 2011; here is a another view, this time of the main station...

PLD

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on August 03, 2014, 09:42:29 PM
Quote from: PLD on August 03, 2014, 09:26:30 PM

Pretty much there with Clydach. Insert the 'Aber' prefix and you have it!
Ah yes... IIRC the name has changed slightly each time the layout was extended...

Claude Dreyfus

Not too much response to this set of pictures? Too obscure perhaps?  :hmmm:

Layout 1 - seen at a few shows in the South East; this picture taken at Midhurst show (cannot recall the exact date).

Layout 2 - Taken at the Abingdon show a few years back (not giving exact date...that would be telling!  ;))

PLD

No 2 is the layout with the rediculous set of junctions in the middle that would in reality lead to the unfeasable situation of two tunnels crossing each other underground...  :doh:

Still cant think of its name  :hmmm:  :uneasy:

Newportnobby

Quote from: PLD on August 05, 2014, 08:45:48 PM
No 2 is the layout with the rediculous set of junctions in the middle that would in reality lead to the unfeasable situation of two tunnels crossing each other underground...  :doh:

Still cant think of its name  :hmmm:  :uneasy:

Would that be Norgate by any chance, also seen at this year's Wigan Show?

Claude Dreyfus

Quote from: newportnobby on August 05, 2014, 09:42:04 PM

Would that be Norgate by any chance, also seen at this year's Wigan Show?

It would indeed...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations