Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

Another thread run out of steam!
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Dorsetmike

Diese'l be the end we hope.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Calnefoxile

AFAIK the message just didn't get to Joel and was not entered into his diary, therefore he didn't show up. It's as simple as that.

Regards

Neal.

Roy L S

Quote from: Calnefoxile on June 11, 2014, 03:41:25 PM

AFAIK the message just didn't get to Joel and was not entered into his diary, therefore he didn't show up. It's as simple as that.

Regards

Neal.

Very Interesting.

As a big player in the N Gauge Market I would have thought that they might have been somewhat better organised and closer to such key events, not needing to be reminded.

Oops! Wasn't going to say anything more...

Roy

oreamnos

Quote from: Roy L S on June 11, 2014, 05:11:34 PM
Quote from: Calnefoxile on June 11, 2014, 03:41:25 PM

Regards

Neal.

Very Interesting.

As a big player in the N Gauge Market I would have thought that they might have been somewhat better organised and closer to such key events, not needing to be reminded.

Oops! Wasn't going to say anything more...

Roy

Thanks, Roy, for finding the right way to tactfully say what I've been wanting to (both here and at RMWeb).  I've been so incredulous since I heard the news that I haven't been able to think of descriptive terms other than incompetent twits.

Here in the States back in the 1970s, 80s and even 90s there was a company called Con-Cor which in its day really supported both HO and N.  Early in American N it was the market leader and chief innovator.  And then in the late 1990s/early 2000s it completely lost the plot and what products it still made really were uncompetive in the changed marketplace.  I think it is still in business but I don't think it is long for this world.  I hope Dapol is not following the same path.

I think we all hoped for the best after Dave Jones left Dapol and I personally still do - but huge 'male chicken' (changed by forum) ups like missing the AGM are inexcusable.  When your customers are openly mocking you (there's a funny faux newspaper report about how Dapol updated its website's news section posted at another forum), you need to fix things pronto.  Maybe Dapol should hire Simon Kohler.

Matt

Bob G

Much of my stock is Dapol, because of my regional preferences, but i did have the opportunity to drool over the N and MN models that Farish showcased at the NGS AGM. If they are anything like as good as the Fairburn, they will get many Southern converts.

I used to find it harder to get responses from Farish than Dapol - its now much the reverse, and I find it disappointing that they cant talk to their customers.
They have not (yet) responded to my email regarding Western Enterprise, and as coordinator of the NGS Helpline that really disappoints me - and it stops me dealing with helpline queries too.

Best
Bob

RussellH

I used the messaging system on Dapols website with a question about western wheel sets - got a good reply in 24 hours direct from Joel.

Regards
Russ
Repairs - not everything has to be sent away - you can fix most thing's yourself. Ask and help will be provided.

Waiting for the RTR version? - why not try a kit?

My layout, Bridgebury Gate now has its own website...
www.bridgeburygate.com

and the 3DR shop where you'll also find the NGF MPV, assorted cabs etc...
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/3dr_designs_for_n_gauge

Roy L S

Quote from: oreamnos on June 11, 2014, 05:59:35 PM

Maybe Dapol should hire Simon Kohler.

Matt

Well he may now I believe working in a consultant capacity so even if that was said "tongue in cheek" it doesn't sound such a bad idea!

That said though, first there would need to be an acceptance that as far as communication is concerned (amongst other things) something needs improving. It would probably be acknowledged even by the most pro-Dapol fans that it does?

Roy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations