What part of the world are you modelling - 2014 poll

Started by Pengi, April 12, 2014, 11:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pengi

This is a new poll for 2014 so that we can get up-to-date information about what our N gauge community is modelling.

Please vote in this poll (even if you voted in the last poll - which has now been locked)

You can vote for as many layouts as you have but the layouts must be N gauge  ;)

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

NTrain

Boo Hoo  :'( I haven't got a layout, so I can't vote.............................

Bealman

That's OK - just click 'Other region not listed above'..... your layout is in the region of your mind!

Einstein was a theoretical physicist. He never conducted an experiment in reality in his entire career - he did what he himself actually called 'thought experiments.'

So I reckon if he was OK with that, us railway modellers can be, too!!  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jack

Quote from: NTrain on April 12, 2014, 11:14:08 AM
Boo Hoo  :'( I haven't got a layout, so I can't vote.............................

Are you in the planning stage?...  :-X
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

scottmitchell74

Current layout North American (Unknown Appalachian area in the Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky neighborhood)

Planned layout will be a UK layout that will be a mix of things I like about England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

NTrain

I do not have the space anymore.  :( When I used to have the space I didn't have the time  :-[

My wife and I live in a one bedroom flat. The closest I get is to run some of my trains on a bit of Kato track.................

I do get to sit down and design all kinds of 3D models, in N Gauge, which will be becoming available for others to run on their layouts.  :D

NTrain

OK, I have voted to the closest of my modelling interests (Train collection wise)

Lawrence

Any way we can get this more visible to all members, maybe something in the bit Tank sometimes uses for announcements or a mass PM to all members inviting them to take part?  The more votes we get the better picture we will get.

SheldonC

Only 50 votes so far, but already the pattern is more or less as one might expect.  Even my own "fantasy" layout is largely BR (1948 - 1970), by accident rather than design, and it features one desultory DB BR 01 Pacific, because I like it.

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

NeMo

Not a Daily Mail reader then, EP?

Reminds me of... "Fog in Channel; Continent Cut Off." No idea if this British newspaper headline is actually true or not. But sounds plausible!  :)

Quote from: EtchedPixels on April 13, 2014, 07:15:09 PM
I thought the UK as part of Europe   :wave:
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

D1042 Western Princess

Don't be silly EP, there's a large body of water called the English Channel between us and, where's that place? Oh yes, Europe. ;)
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Sprintex

Poll edited to please those from Pedants 'R' Us ;)

Now, who is modelling Antarctica then? :D

Paul

SheldonC

Our current island group ceased to be part of "Continental Europe" several thousand years ago, possibly around the time Noah was trying to avoid getting his feet - and his hair - wet.  I don't think the inundation of Doggerland etc. by the North Sea has been negated by our tunnelling under the English Channel.

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: SheldonC on April 17, 2014, 09:31:23 PM
Our current island group ceased to be part of "Continental Europe" several thousand years ago, possibly around the time Noah was trying to avoid getting his feet - and his hair - wet.  I don't think the inundation of Doggerland etc. by the North Sea has been negated by our tunnelling under the English Channel.

Hi Sheldon.  I agree with your comments 100% :beers:
But to get back to topic, my layout is being build to reflect a major port and seaside town (eg Weymouth/Portsmouth etc) but located on the North Somerset or Devonshire Bristol Channel coast around 1970 (no steam  :claphappy:, few pesky diesel  :censored: electrics (although a "Gronk" will be station pilot  :hmmm:) and 95% Diesel  :heart2: Hydraulics.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations