NGS present day commissions

Started by Ben A, December 15, 2013, 02:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simong

Would be interested in MK2s in Sctorail and regional railways.  Is there any scope for an RTC MK2? 

Ben A

Hello all,

In an effort to avoid too much wishlisting...

The selections were made on the basis of offering something to present day modellers.

Once the Feb 28th deadline is reached the NGS will count up the expressions of interest and see if any of the models suggested reached the 350 threshold, in which case the button will be pressed and we will consider another project - and at that point there would be a very strong argument for the second such project to feature sectorisation era ideas - eg SLOA Pullman brake, NSE Mk2, RRMk2 and something red and blue from Derby, for example - and I will start a thread here, on RM Web, and on the NG Yahoo groups to gather suggestions with supporting arguments or data.

If none of the items reach the threshold then at the next Committee meeting, or at the AGM, we would have to have a discussion about whether to try again or not but I think it would be unlikely.

cheers

Ben A.

OwL

I would personally choose the Yellow Network Rail Mk2a. This would compliment the future release of the Bachmann DRS compass livery Class 37.

I will vote for this Rail Vehicle.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

B757-236GT

I have a sneaky suspicion that the NSE Mk2s will probably come out from Farish at some point so i suspect they wouldnt be willing to do a special edition. Also given how well the blue/grey mk2s sold i suspect they may appear in next years catologue. The RR ones might be a goer as the OO gauge mk1s didnt do that well but the MR ltd ed seemed to do ok so possibly there. I do wonder if one suggestion if the Mk2 Aircon FO in NSE colours might be one to add to the list as i doubt farish would do that one.

Of the four announced so far i wouldnt have id say the NR coach as they always seem popular but i have to say i like the idea of the Mk1 pullman but would wonder if any of the other types would also be modelled in the same colours?

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Ben A

Hello Richard

Thanks for your support.

I think West Coast Railway Company have two or three of the Mk1 Pullmans in Maroon.  They may also have some in umber and cream.

They also run Mk1 and Mk2s in maroon with West Coast branding; WCRC logos and numbersets are available from Precision Labels.

cheers

Ben A.

ParkeNd

The Mk1 Pullman gets my vote - but I admit to being selfish.

I bought one of the Owners Salons in BR Maroon from the NGS stand at Warley. Very happy indeed with it and thought the price for an exclusive coach, as opposed to just a custom paint job for a retailer was very reasonable.

Comments about premium pricing for a future NGS item are I feel unjust.

Ollie3440

Interesting choices,

For me it would be the Chocolate/Cream MK2A, i do like modelling railtour rakes :P

I wouldn't go for the WCRC Pullman purely as i've re-sprayed some myself. The JJA has no interest to me what-so-ever. And the NR Coach would appeal to me but from what i have found out this coach is no longer in service, and because of that i wouldn't want a model of it. In the end whichever gets done should sell well as i feel there will be the market for them....although i have a feeling the Yellow thing will be the one that gets done :P

Quote from: EtchedPixels on December 15, 2013, 03:47:07 PM
#4 is also pretty much correct for the 'Shakespeare Express' rake (four of them plus a matching brake). Handy for anyone modelling Snow Hill  :drool:

Don't forget you will need to do slight modifications as Vintage Trains use the slightly earlier MK2 coaches whilst the Farish model is of the MK2A.

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Ben A

Hello Brian,

The Scotrail saloon is a really nice idea. Checking photographs, it appears to have been B4 bogies by the time it went into that livery so I will email Bachmann and find out whether they could provide the Saloon in this livery but on B4 bogies, which they've just tooled for the Mk2 coaches. 

Another point re the new commission, I just wanted to make clear that only one model will be produced initially, and it will be the one with the most votes come Feb 28th.

The NGS Shop will be collating the data and letting me know every few weeks.   I will endeavour to advise the forum as we go.   NGS members can write with their preference to the shop address in the journal, or just email the shop.

Cheers

Ben A. 

StufromEGDL

Hi Ben,

Another vote here for the NR Mk2...
And I echo Arrachogaidh's views on the ScotRail saloon....but you knew that anyway!!!

Regards,
Stu from EGDL.
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

simong

Scotrail Inspection saloon- yes please :thumbsup:

bridgiesimon

I for one have just emailed in my choices, either of the coaches, would have all 3 should they get produced. Not interesting in the wagon though I am concerned that should a couple of individulas choose to suggest acquiring rakes of them it would affect the likelyhood of the others getting done.

best wishes
Simon

bluedepot

i'm sure it will be a very nice model - but all too modern for me.

just a thought, but some coaches in the other rtc livery would be good, the one with white lower body sides I think it was???? 

tim

H

Quote from: Ben A on December 17, 2013, 05:35:49 PM

The Scotrail saloon is a really nice idea. Checking photographs, it appears to have been B4 bogies by the time it went into that livery so I will email Bachmann and find out whether they could provide the Saloon in this livery but on B4 bogies, which they've just tooled for the Mk2 coaches. 

I'd have thought that a Scotrail liveried coach would have the same "region specific" limitations that were suggested for rejecting the NSE livery.

H.

PostModN66

Just thought I'd have a go!! :D

A model that seems missing for me and a potential for a big demand is the Cargowaggon - the four-wheeled type that seems to run in pairs (rather than the Dapol bogie version).  You would only need to sell about 10 trains worth to get the 350!

Just saying......!

Cheers   Jon   ;)
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations