what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Oops, just realised that was THIS year's line-up. I've left it there so you can see what was on offer anyway. Below is definitely the 2019 line-up as it stands right now.

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

MalcolmInN

Reading The Closet Branch @Rich_S and @Webbo got me all nostalgic about rain, the blues and The Carpenters
So I just had to google for a tune from my yoof !

Trainfish

Quote from: PeteW on November 07, 2018, 12:56:51 AM
For a number of reasons, this has been in mind lately...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HuLpztWyFA

Forty-odd years! Can't believe it, but still love it!

Just put Planet Rock on my PC and guess what came on? See top right of picture.

Spooky stuff
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

MalcolmInN

Sort of 'On Forum' ?

Now then Lonnie Donegan and "Cumberland Gap" should be somewhere near here ?

MalcolmInN

Hmmm, failed to find Cumberland Gap, though Rock Island Line is on 'tube

meanwhile this came up,  out of years ago, never did know what to make of it  "Nobody's Child"

PeteW

Quote from: Trainfish on November 07, 2018, 03:32:32 AMJust put Planet Rock on my PC and guess what came on?

Sometimes the universe has excellent taste  ;D.

Giants of Rock sounds great... there's a significant part of my youth in those line-ups!

Trainfish

Maybe those of a simlar age (and older to include newportnobby) should organise a meet there. We could call it our rock 'N' roll meet. Sorry.
John

<*))))><

marco neri

...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

talisman56

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

I have these on vinyl but all my vinyl is stored away so I recently bought the first 2 Roxy Music CDs and haven't stopped playing them. I'd forgotten just how good they are.

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Tank

port perran

For me, one of the most influentual albums from he 60s.
Then Play On by the Original Fleetwood Mac. A superb album in my opinion.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

marco neri

...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

GroupC

Belly, new album "Dove", released after a very long break. Xmas prez to self (with xmas money anyway), along with their musical cousins The Breeders' also-newest-album "All Nerve".

Tanya Donelly and Kim Deal respectively... fantastic. Women in music with loud guitars.

Alternative melodic guitar music, see also things like Juliana Hatfield / Throwing Muses / 4AD artists in general / The Pixies /  Tanya Donelly solo...

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations