posting pics

Started by weave, September 13, 2012, 11:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Hi all,

Thanks for info on the links thing (pretty much sorted) but gets worse for questions. Have finally got a digicam and worked out how to get pics onto computer but can't work out how to get them on the forum. Have read the instructions but don't know how to get the picture in the album in the first place,

Sorry, confused and computer illeterate.

Thanks for any help

Cheers weave

trainsdownunder

weave

Thanks,

Been to sight, think I've followed it right but when I click SUBMIT, the bottom left uploads to100% but then the screen goes blank and when I go to my album the name is there but it says NO ITEMS LISTED.

More help please

Cheers Weave

Pengi

How big is the picture file that you are trying to upload?
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

weave

Hi Pengy,

Sorry, am so crap at this. Obviously its little at first and then when you double click it says it's 4608x3456. Maybe too big?

Unfortunately got to go to work now but any help greatly appreciated. Will be back about 7 so will have another go.

Thanks for interest and moving my wreck off the main highway!

Cheers Weave

Pengi

I suspect this is the cause of your problem and you will probably need to reduce the file size. What computer system are you using?

Tank

I'd say it is definitely to do with the file size.  Hopefully you have some software that can resize the pictures?

weave

Thanks guys,

Really don't know what I'm doing but think 'windows' . The photos are stored in a thing called 'pictures' - not trying to be funny!

SWMBO says she'll have a look tomorrow and try and help. She's been working hard and too knackered earlier.

Thanks again Weave.

upnick

Hi  Weave,

Upload your pictures to  a photo  site such  as photobucket  i  do   ;)

http://photobucket.com/

Sign up &  upload your pictures there  once they  are on their site you can edit /resize them  to  better suit  albums &  postings on the forum.

Pengi

Hi Weave,

Tank has posted some instructions on how to use Photobucket. I use Photobucket myself and the pictures can be resized within it.

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=424.msg2864#msg2864

upnick

Hi  Weave,   

I meant to post this picture when  i left  my comments  above but ironically photobucket was having problems, hope it helps along with the  how to from  Tank  ........ Pengy  posted above  ;)

weave

Nearly there!

Thanks for your all your help guys. As I said many moons ago ...terrible picture. Unfortunately have completely forgotten how I got the picture onto the computer in the first place. Will go through it all again and am sure it'll come back to me.

Anyway hope some pics of the new smaller layout soon so can keep the 'continental' thread going strong!

Cheers again Weave.

PS When I've done the copy and then paste in the past eg. youtube, ebay sometimes the picture comes up and sometimes just the link but I haven't done anything differently that I know of. :confused2:

weave

PPS.

Don't know anything about photobucket. Can anyone on there see the pictures?

Don't mind, the station's not called KATE MIDDLETON or anything but there was a thing saying 'what do you think of this photo?'

Any help appreciated for future reference.

Cheers Weave (Mr. Paranoia)

Pengi

When you click on the link to the picture, you should see a box called 'Links' with a little black triangle pointing down before the word Links

There are four boxes - the last one is called IMG Code. Click on IMG Code and the box should turn yellow and the word Copied briefly appears before it returns to what was there originally.

Go back to your post on the Forum, right click and select paste.

(If the box called 'Links' has a little black triangle pointing to the right and no other boxes beneath it showing, then you need to click on the black triangle so that it points downwards and then you will see the other boxes)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations