Google Chrome

Started by port perran, August 14, 2012, 05:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Hi

I installed Google Chrome about an hour ago (long story but I needed to complain to Travelodge about a recent stay and the only way to get into their complaints page appeared to be to install Google Chrome which I did and it worked fine).
However, upon logging into N Gauge Forum , I found I could no longer delete read posts or post a new message.
So....I deleted Google Chrome again and all is fine.
Any ideas why this should be and.......what is Google Chrome ??
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Illori

the forum should work fine in all major browsers [excluding internet explorer] and google chrome is just another browser but made by google.

MikeDunn

Yes, IE is a law unto itself ... but I'm surprised you say the forum won't work fine in it, as it does for me with IE9  :-X

If I move off, it'll be to Firefox, and certainly not Chrome  :firefox: - Google do not act, in my view, to "do no evil"  :uneasy:  They are far too large with far too many tentacles these days  :uneasy:

hairygit

I'm still using I.E.8 and have NEVER :no: had any problems with this forum :D Owing to some of Google's bad press lately over collecting and keeping personal data and browsing habits :o, I wouldn't touch any Google product!
Male children never grow up, we just get older and our toys become more expensive!

Caz

I use Google Chrome and have never had a problem on the forum, use it for most things, the only thing it doesn't like is when I use a VPN to access the BBC or ITV player.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

EtchedPixels

Ditto

iplayer is intentionally VPN hostile - to stop Americans watching our TV etc
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Caz

I can use IE8, Firefox & Opera to access the IPlayer using my VPN without any problem, for some reason Chrome plays up a bit.  The good thing is with the program I use I can also permanently save from the Iplayer if I want to  :thumbsup:   :nerner:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Ollie3440

I've also never had a problem in accessing the forum using Chrome. Infact i use Chrome for everything online :D

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Malc

I quite like Chrome, it is a very good browser. What I don't like is the fact that it tells Google where you have been browsing.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

hairygit

My point exactly, it also tells them your user names and passwords >:( How secure is the data they collect?
Male children never grow up, we just get older and our toys become more expensive!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £60.23
Below Goal: £39.77
Site Currency: GBP
60% 
April Donations