web links back to posts

Started by weave, September 13, 2012, 07:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Hi all,

This is prob v simple but am rubbish on the computer. When I access a web link on a post, that's fine but to go back to the post,  the black arrow on the top left that I normally use to go back disappears and the only way to get out of the link that I can see is to press the X red box on the top right which means I go out of the forum.

Any help appreciated and please don't be technical. Treat me as an idiot  :dunce:

Cheers Weave

trainsdownunder

Is this when you are using a PC ? If so what Browser are you using  ? Do you use tabs within the browser.

I find the easiest way not to get lost is to use the Right Click on a link and then select Open in a New Tab or Open in a new window. That way your original link is browser window remains open in the background.

Of course if you are using an Iphone or mobile for internet access and then 'Clicking' is slightly different,

weave

Thanks trainsdownunder,

That works using the mouse. Don't normally use it as I don't like it (prefer the arrow mover thing on the bottom of keyboard) but maybe thats where I was going wrong.

Excellent. I didn't mind too much but when someone like Gordon puts up 5 different links on 1 post it got very annoying.

Thanks again Weave

Illori

all external links posted open in a new tab/window, so you would need to close those tabs/windows to get back to the forum.

scotsoft

Quote from: weave on September 13, 2012, 07:57:48 AM
That works using the mouse. Don't normally use it as I don't like it (prefer the arrow mover thing on the bottom of keyboard) but maybe thats where I was going wrong.

The "arrow mover thing" is called the touchpad, I am guessing you are using a laptop.
The touchpad should have two bars/ buttons either on the sides of the touchpad or below it.
If you move your arrow so it is over the link you want to go to.
Then press the right hand button you will get a menu pop up.
In that menu you will find (probably second down) "Open in new tab".
Move your pointer to "Open in new tab" and then press the left hand button.
The link will open in a new window and you will still have the original wndow open as well.

I hope you can follow these instruction OK  ;)
If not, tell me what problems you are having and I will do my best to help you.

cheers John.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations