The PETER CHARLES FAGG competition

Started by Newportnobby, May 01, 2018, 11:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

@weave PM sent but if it won't let you delete the earlier one just drop me a reply and I'll do it :thumbsup:

weave

Hi Mick,

PM sent re deleting and postage forwarding.

Cheers weave  :beers:

kirky

Here is my entry to the competition; Peter Charles Fagg visits Northallerton, just as the RHTT passes beneath him.

Cheers
Kirky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

Caz

Nice one Kirky and behind a Deltic too.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Ollie3440

Evening all,

The coaches arrived over the weekend and are shown here departing Wenlock behind one of the Panniers.

Cheers

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Malc

While browsing on YouTube, I found some of Peter's videos. @daveg and I went to see him about 3 years ago and I managed to sort out a short on his layout. After we had gone, he made this video. Unfortunately, the next time we went to see him, he had reorganised everything and couldn't run anything. He said from the outset that he wasn't too interested in scenic stuff. This video says it all. So if you are thinking of entering the competition, take some inspiration from Peter's video.

https://youtu.be/N0NeXA1V5f4
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Thanks @Malc.

Shame Peter didn't crack on with that plan, it would have been quite interesting.

I remember when he first started. He mentioned his lack of interest in scenic stuff, then did what you see on the vid!

Brilliant chap!

Dave G

tutenkhamunsleeping

Best I can do given the lack of scenery on the train set :D

dannyboy

That is not a bad picture to say there is no scenery, it looks like fog has descended on a city.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Papyrus

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on September 04, 2018, 03:22:53 PM
Best I can do given the lack of scenery on the train set :D

:o   :goggleeyes:  :o
I'm sorry, we don't do 'train sets' here. 'Model railways' only, please. Any further infringements and I shall report you to the moderators...   ;)

Cheers,

Chris

Newportnobby

The coaches will now be heading off to the last entrant in the competition so if there are any late entries please PM me with your details. Note all entrants pay the £3.45 2nd class signed for postage to pass them on afterwards. Small price to pay for a couple of maroon MK1s emblazoned with a memory of Peter.

Bealman

Quote from: Malc on August 20, 2018, 03:38:23 PM
While browsing on YouTube, I found some of Peter's videos. @daveg and I went to see him about 3 years ago and I managed to sort out a short on his layout. After we had gone, he made this video. Unfortunately, the next time we went to see him, he had reorganised everything and couldn't run anything. He said from the outset that he wasn't too interested in scenic stuff. This video says it all. So if you are thinking of entering the competition, take some inspiration from Peter's video.

https://youtu.be/N0NeXA1V5f4

Thanks for reposting that video, Malc. I remember getting dizzy the first time I  saw it!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

midsummerend

Good afternoon all,

Sadly 3 weeks ago today I said farewell to my father for the very last time as we left Colchester General Hospital having removed life support for my father after he sadly suffered a Cardiac Arrest the previous Wednesday.

My father was an inspiration to me and always encouraged my modelling and transport interests and I will sorely miss him, not only because of his encouragement, but as he also took me to many exhibitions and operated alongside me, so many of you will have seen or met him at shows I am sure.

To bring this back round to the competition, I received the Peter Charles Fagg memorial coaches this week in readiness, for my exhibition appearance with Midsummer End this weekend in Blackpool.  Sadly, due to circumstances, I had to pull out of the exhibition as I am sure you will understand, however, I am still appearing with Empress Road Shed and Lakeview and Haveawatch Railway next weekend at Bury St Edmunds exhibition, and the following weekend at the Dapol Collectors Club day.  As such, please come along and have a look at the coaches running on Lakeview, or on display in Empress Road Shed during both events.

It's been sad to have these coaches at such a uniquely ironic time as we arrange and prepare to say our final farewells to my father, Alan Hughes, at his funeral on 25th September, however, I have been up this afternoon running the coaches on Lakeview and Havewatch Railway and also on my home layout "Rhoswiel Way" where Flying Scotsman hauled the Peter Charles Fagg pullman special.

For my entry to the competition, I have chosen a scenic photograph from Lakeview and Havewatch Railway, one of my father's favourite layouts that I've built and exhibited.  Here the coaches form a special hauled by recently steamed Terrier, "Freshwater".

I hope to see a few of you at Bury St Edmunds show, and Dapol collectors club day and wish every the very best of luck with the competition.

Kind Regards

Steven Hughes
AKA Midsummer End.

crewearpley40

we all send our thoughts, prayers and condolences to you and the family at this time and look forward to seeing progress when your ready

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations