Time to switch the hob on

Started by Newportnobby, November 26, 2018, 10:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

I'm concerned Daffy thought I genuinely thought Waitrose did source all their sprouts from Belgium...  :hmmm:

Imagine if there was a protected geographical indication on sprouts, then maybe you'd have to call them "Lincolnshire Sprouts" or "Brussels-style sprouts" or something, unless they were actually from Brussels.

Bob Tidbury

Just a thought if we all eat lots and lots of sprouts every day we could power our own cars .Cheaper than petrol or diesel .
Bob Tidbury

daffy

Quote from: njee20 on November 26, 2018, 12:43:22 PM
I'm concerned Daffy thought I genuinely thought Waitrose did source all their sprouts from Belgium...  :hmmm

Thank you for your concern about my intelligence, but you can't have failed to notice in a lot of my posts here that I prefer comedy to conflict.

And if you don't want to be misunderstood, a smiley or two works wonders, as perhaps we both failed to recognise here.

:beers:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

emjaybee

Quote from: njee20 on November 26, 2018, 12:43:22 PM
I'm concerned Daffy thought I genuinely thought Waitrose did source all their sprouts from Belgium...  :hmmm:

Imagine if there was a protected geographical indication on sprouts, then maybe you'd have to call them "Lincolnshire Sprouts" or "Brussels-style sprouts" or something, unless they were actually from Brussels.

I'm pretty confident that Waitrose sprouts are sourced from the glens around Brigadoon, rather than any such mortal place like the east coast of the UK.

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

daffy

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on November 26, 2018, 01:38:30 PM
Just a thought if we all eat lots and lots of sprouts every day we could power our own cars .Cheaper than petrol or diesel .
Bob Tidbury

At last. Trump has been mentioned on the Forum!  :D. Well, sort of. ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

emjaybee

Quote from: daffy on November 26, 2018, 01:51:44 PM
Quote from: Bob Tidbury on November 26, 2018, 01:38:30 PM
Bob Tidbury

At last. Trump has been mentioned on the Forum!  :D. Well, sort of. ;)

:laughabovepost:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

colpatben

Quote from: njee20 on November 26, 2018, 11:21:18 AM

That's all fact fans.

Maybe that byline should be

'That's All Folks' exit stage left . Ta Da  :wave:

'Trump' that. Bid two Clubs!
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

Newportnobby

I think @daffy must have my kitchen bugged to have heard me say "I just can't light these sodden logs"
Thanks for all the laughs, chaps, and sorry to have got the name of the poisonous vegetable wrong. Truth to say, my parents used to say "you can't get down from the table until you've finished" and I can definitely remember still being sat there 4 hours later as I steadfastly refused to let a sprout enter my gob :sick2:

Philip.

My wife got some Brussels Sprouts flavoured crisps the other day, the world has gone mad!!!!!

Malc

I do like sprouts. They taste nice and they keep you warm in bed.😇 (well any brassica really)
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

javlinfaw7

Not allowed sprouts the vitamin K interferes with my blood thinners

:D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations