Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: AdeV on April 04, 2024, 04:46:31 PMhow reliable their local driver is...

That is so true. If I get a notification from 'DPD' that Jason will deliver a parcel between 9 and 10, I know I will get it - usually nearer 9 than 10. If the notification states that another driver will deliver it, I usually get the parcel 24 hours later!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

Quote from: AdeV on April 04, 2024, 04:46:31 PMISTM a lot of how reliable a delivery company is, is how reliable their local driver is...

I've just spent 10 minutes trying to work out and 10 seconds googling to find out what ISTM means. I still have no idea how it fits into the current topic of delivery drivers though unless you're waiting for some "travel medicine" to be delivered. We usually just go to the chemist and stock up on Imodium.

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

WDWHTHATA?

(Why do we have to have all these abbreviations?) I feel like I need to learn a new language some times!  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Browning 9mm

HTEA
Having To Explain Acronyms

the one I do like however, is

PONTI
Person Of No Tactical Importance  :D

both courtesy of Bluestone 42

AdeV

Quote from: Trainfish on April 05, 2024, 09:21:03 PM
Quote from: AdeV on April 04, 2024, 04:46:31 PMISTM a lot of how reliable a delivery company is, is how reliable their local driver is...

I've just spent 10 minutes trying to work out and 10 seconds googling to find out what ISTM means.

Apologies, a mis-spent lifetime on web forums, and prior to that Usenet, and prior to that dial-up BBS (Bulletin Board Systems), has left me kind of assuming everyone knows what certain acronyms are.

DAMHIKT.

PEBCAK.

and BOHICA (a new one to me)...

DAMHIKT: Don't Ask Me How I Know This.
PEBCAK: Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.
BOHICA: Bend Over, Here It Comes Again!
Cheers!
Ade

Papyrus

Quote from: AdeV on April 07, 2024, 02:11:49 PMPEBCAK: Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.

According to my stepson, (AKA ORTS - Occasionally Resident Technical Support), this is also known as PICNIC (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer). I think he regards his mother as the embodiment of this...

Cheers,

Chris

Browning 9mm

AdeV

Quote from: Papyrus on April 07, 2024, 02:20:00 PM
Quote from: AdeV on April 07, 2024, 02:11:49 PMPEBCAK: Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.

According to my stepson, (AKA ORTS - Occasionally Resident Technical Support), this is also known as PICNIC (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer). I think he regards his mother as the embodiment of this...

Hah - I like that one...

For us computer nerds, there are 4 kinds of "ware" in computing:

Hardware - the computer itself
Firmware - the programs embedded within the hardware that make it work properly
Software - the stuff you run on the hardware
Wetware - the individual driving the software...

Problems are often to be found in the wetware...
Cheers!
Ade

Malc

Quote from: AdeV on April 08, 2024, 11:09:15 AMHah - I like that one...

Curiously, the definitions of wetware I know is the human element in computing, anything biological.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

The Q

Quote from: AdeV on April 08, 2024, 11:09:15 AM
Quote from: Papyrus on April 07, 2024, 02:20:00 PM

Hah - I like that one...

Unfortunately quite often it might be the wetware that wrote the software that caused the original problem.. ask any sub postmaster.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations