Line of Duty - series 5 concluding episode

Started by Caz, May 05, 2019, 08:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

Don't forget for those that follow the excellent BBC1 series "Line of Duty" it is the concluding episode tonight at 2100 BST
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

Being recorded right now.
Sundays just won't be the same afterwards :'(

thetigers123

will try and give no spoilers but i was disappointed with the ending 

Buffin

We felt the series has got too fond of itself and almost become a parody. And the final episode recited characters' fates while leaving an unbelievable number of loose ends in the investigation.

No spoilers, but we snorted at the end and we don't see ourselves watching the next series.

port perran

As with most TV programmes, I'm afraid that this has completely passed me by.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Just finished watching it, having not looked at any form of media this morning which might have given anything away.

Quote from: Buffin on May 06, 2019, 06:35:09 AM
... leaving an unbelievable number of loose ends in the investigation.

But that's what always happens. I've watched every series and there is a 'link' running through with constant reminders of something that happened 2 or more series ago.
Just sad we'll probably have to wait until next year for series 6 :(

Bikeracer

I thought it was a drawn out anticlimax.

Usually happens when the BBC " Big Up " one of their programs in the media.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

bridgiesimon

Seems like I am one of the few on here that actually enjoyed the finale and is looking forward to the next series.

I really do think that when it comes to crime drama shows, the standard of recent shows is superb - 'Line of Duty', 'Shetland, ''The Loch'', 'Luther', 'Silent Witness', 'The Tunnel', 'Broadchurch', 'The Bodyguard', 'The Bay', shall I go on?

Best wishes
Simon

Newportnobby

Quote from: bridgiesimon on May 08, 2019, 08:54:39 PM
Seems like I am one of the few on here that actually enjoyed the finale and is looking forward to the next series.

I really do think that when it comes to crime drama shows, the standard of recent shows is superb - 'Line of Duty', 'Shetland, ''The Loch'', 'Luther', 'Silent Witness', 'The Tunnel', 'Broadchurch', 'The Bodyguard', 'The Bay', shall I go on?

Best wishes
Simon

All watched avidly apart from 'The Tunnel' and 'Broadchurch' but I added 'Trust me' (yet to see the final episode I recorded last night)

bridgiesimon

oh yeah, have to add 'Killing Eve' as well, I didn't watch 'Trust Me' spent too much time in hospitals over the last couple of years to want to watch hospital based drama stuff to 'relax', I did hear it was good though.

Best wishes
Simon

Newportnobby

I forgot to list 'Killing Eve' which was smashing (new series coming soon).
Sheer morbid fascination made me watch 'Trust Me' as I had an allergic reaction to the anaesthetic during my bypass op and thought they were trying to kill me. They had to keep me heavily sedated and put cotton wool 'boxing gloves' on me as I was lashing out and trying to pull all the wires/tubes off myself. Could have been worse - the bloke in the bed over from me swore blind he was seeing spacemen :laugh:

Bealman

Well after my brilliant start to 2019, Simon's similar situation, and your horror stories, I'll give that one a miss, then  :no:

I don't watch much TV, but Mrs Bealman has been watching Shetland on Netflix and what I've seen of it looks ok.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations