Server Upgrade

Started by guest2, December 06, 2018, 03:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

It does, but I don't think it's needed as it's always at the top of the Board.  ;)

dannyboy

Since the recent upgrades, I do occasionally have a slow moment, (but that might be my age), but one thing I have noticed is that all the email notifications are coming through almost immediately. No more delays like I have been having for the last few months.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

I've also experienced some slow moments (particularly this afternoon).
Mind you, like Danny, perhaps it's me (or something to do with the incessant rain down here over the last few weeks).
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Dorsetmike

Slow here also in fact it's by far the slowest Forum of the six I frequent daily, My download speed is normally around 90Mb, plus or minus 3Mb; hopefully it's the continuing upgrade work, we can only hope so.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Yet_Another

I've noticed some odd behaviour: there are slow loading pages, then there are pages which appear to have loaded, but the browser is telling me that it's still loading - I haven't found what it's up to yet; and then there are times when after hitting the 'back' button, nothing appears to happen, so I hit it again, and end up going back two pages when it catches up. Disconcerting, that one.

This is all on my ipad/safari.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Bealman

That's cos Mick woke me up  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Tidbury

Yes that's the same here on my IPad ,one minute the Forum is as fast as it used to be and then as Yet another said you click on go back or next page and you wait nothing happens so click again and your back two pages ,but as Tank said once the gallery is transferred it might be OK as I said before it's not just a case of flicking a toggle switch there must be a lot of technical work involved so let's just see what happens when every thing is finished .
Bob Tidbury

Tank

I'm currently getting the fastest speeds that I've ever seen this forum load!

Innovationgame

Quote from: Tank on December 20, 2018, 09:02:25 AM
I'm currently getting the fastest speeds that I've ever seen this forum load!
Yes, it's certainly very fast at the moment.  Let's hope that the high speed continues.  Perhaps all the CPU intensive activity has finished.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Tank

Unfortunately not, but the forum was optimised last night, and some Spam bots banned.

Newportnobby

I keep getting error messages when clicking on 'Show all unread posts'. I've had............

The webpage is unable to handle this request............and

'Error Message - a high level of activity means unread posts cannot be accessed' (or something along those lines)

At one point the forum was so slow my browser called time

Newportnobby

Tonight I keep getting error messages when clicking on 'Show all unread posts'. I've had............

'The webpage is unable to handle this request'............and

'An Error has occurred. The server's resources are temporarily under too high a demand to find all the topics you have not read.'

At one point the forum was so slow my browser called time

daveg

Probably totally unrelated but we are in the throes of enduring a huge WIN10 update.

It's slowed everything down here to a crawl if not a dead stop.

Hoping that all the fixes are done soon so Chris and the team can enjoy a peaceful and uneventful Yule!

Merry Christmas everybody.  :beers:

Dave G

dannyboy

Like @daveg I too have had a Win10 update tonight - and - a lot of things are running slower than normal. In fact, I am going to turn off now and go to bed!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

I've had trouble getting to the forum this evening on my ipad.
Mostly getting exactly the same messages as NN.
When I do get in it is very slow I'm afraid.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations