tunnel mouths

Started by bluedepot, January 07, 2019, 01:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

thanks for all the pictures and replies

this is a very useful thread for people to refer to in the future as well i think

i have ordered a plaster one of ebay just to see what it's like

if it's a load of rubbish i'll probably get a woodland scenics one or try peco and cut the slides straight as was explained in above posts

you'd think scenecraft or hornby would make some decent tunnel mouth for n gauge!  revolution / dapol / dj model or someone else maybe can take up this challenge.  i can't see why it wouldn't be a success as all layouts pretty much have to go 'off scene' with a bridge or a tunnel... (or just a hole in the sky...)

i did see a laser cut ply or mdf kit for a tunnel as well but wasn't too keen

anyway i shall see what arrives in the post!

cheers for your replies - railsquid wins the most tunnel mouths in one picture prize...

tim

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Farmer chap on January 07, 2019, 09:53:07 PM
I've used the Scalescenes downloadable card kits  (RO 14 tunnel portal) with a brick finish, time consuming to build but economical.

Pleased with the results even though they have no textured relief on them.

To add the scalescenes ones have varios radii for the tunnel mouth , basically a template that you can cut to suit your needs. Currently the layout is in hundreds of bits but I have made about a dozen tunnel mouths / bridges using this method.  Helps if you need to place it on a curve.

Ian.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations