The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

We live a Big Mac meal + 250 yards from MacDonalds in Banbury, but a Bargain Bucket + 1mile from KFC.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bealman

I'm just a few bus stops away....

But wrappers have a habit of ending up outside Chez Bealman
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

themadhippy

QuoteBut wrappers have a habit of ending up outside Chez Bealman
Amazing wot crap youll eat after a beer or 6
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

jpendle

Quote from: Bealman on June 30, 2020, 10:51:59 AM
Unfortunately, I tend to agree, Mick. Two of the Victorian cases involved arrivals from overseas, one of them Britain.

But surely that was at least 120 years ago?

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

jpendle

Maybe this should be in the moderately annoyed thread, but I can't find one.

I ordered some Zimo decoders from the UK and was pleased to see that they had arrived in Denver on Sunday.

By Tuesday they were in Fort Collins and had cleared customs, and on Wednesday they were out for delivery.  :bounce:

But nothing arrived and by Wednesday night they were back in Ft Collins.

So on Thursday I called Fedex and managed to speak to a LIVE PERSON, who said they'd put a trace on it.

Sure enough, by 11am Thursday, I got a call from the Fedex office in Ft Collins saying, and I'm paraphrasing here,

"The Website is a load of dangly, hairy things, the package never left the office as we're still waiting for official notice that it has , in fact, cleared customs".

So today's a holiday, which means I'm not getting these things until Monday at the earliest and they are just sitting 8 miles down the road, and it's a 3 day weekend  >:(

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

themadhippy

Quote from: jpendle on July 03, 2020, 11:37:35 PM
Quote from: Bealman on June 30, 2020, 10:51:59 AM
Unfortunately, I tend to agree, Mick. Two of the Victorian cases involved arrivals from overseas, one of them Britain.

But surely that was at least 120 years ago?

John P
maybe they were delivered by fed ex
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

dannyboy

Quote from: jpendle on July 03, 2020, 11:49:06 PM

I think delivery/courier company problems are world wide. Last Monday I ordered something from Amazon. On Wednesday, I received an email from 'DPD' stating that the item would be delivered Friday. The 'DPD' website states that they received the item Wednesday - but nothing since. I am still waiting for the item. As Amazon stated that delivery would be by next Monday, I can not really complain, but it does annoy me when I receive an email stating a delivery day and it does not arrive. Why can they not say that they anticipate delivery on Friday?

Addit: Just checked the DPD website. My parcel was 'sorted by distribution centre in Athlone' on 2nd July and 'sorted by distribution centre in Athlone' on 4th July!  :'(
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

dannyboy

Things like this make you despair. Just idiotic - and idiots!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

gc4946

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 05, 2020, 11:19:59 AM
:censored: :censored: :censored: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry2: :veryangry2: :veryangry2:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/social-distancing-disappears-pubs-super-saturday-075810239.html

I've walked through Soho many times whenever I lived or stayed in London and it was always busy at weekends. The main difference pre-lockdown was more revellers congregating indoors in the various pubs, nightclubs and cafes, all of which as the evenings progressed became overcrowded.
At least Westminster City Council had the sense to make the area pedestrian only because the risk of catching COVID-19 is less outdoors. However looking at images on the link and elsewhere on the web in the area, very few - if any - wore masks. Wearing face coverings would have reduced the risks still further, I would have worn a mask in these situations.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

guest311

trouble is masks would interfere with their drinking.

having seen so many of the videos re 'clap for the NHS', and noting how closely packed the doctors and nurses were in them, I can't help but wonder how many of the packed thousands were off duty doctors / nurses / essential workers who should have known better.

digging slit trench now ready for backlash  :dighole:

honestjudge

I'm still waiting for the 'spike' from the BLM protests and other mass rallies that happened a few weeks ago...or maybe it is safe to go outside?

guest311

stevewalker

Quote from: dannyboy on July 04, 2020, 02:33:28 PM
Quote from: jpendle on July 03, 2020, 11:49:06 PM

I think delivery/courier company problems are world wide. Last Monday I ordered something from Amazon. On Wednesday, I received an email from 'DPD' stating that the item would be delivered Friday. The 'DPD' website states that they received the item Wednesday - but nothing since. I am still waiting for the item. As Amazon stated that delivery would be by next Monday, I can not really complain, but it does annoy me when I receive an email stating a delivery day and it does not arrive. Why can they not say that they anticipate delivery on Friday?

Addit: Just checked the DPD website. My parcel was 'sorted by distribution centre in Athlone' on 2nd July and 'sorted by distribution centre in Athlone' on 4th July!  :'(

Courier companies have always been poor. In the mid-90s, the company I worked for hired an 80386 computer and a printer to use during testing a pair of multi-million pound, gas-turbine powered compressors. Testing was unable to go ahead without the equipment. TNT delivered the printer, but no PC and the driver disappeared into our canteen. I left a note on his windscreen, asking him to call my extension before leaving. I then caught him driving out of the gates and he refused to open the wagon and check in the back for the PC. I called Livingston Hire , who hired huge quantities of equipment out all over the country and it was apparently the final straw and they cancelled their contract with TNT. Sometimes complaining does have results.

Newportnobby

Having watched some of BBC Breakfast this morning, the male presenter interviewed an MP about the changes to rules on face covering due to come in at midnight tonight (Thursday).
The theme was the current situation is confusing and  further details will be released later today.
Attempts were made to clarify some situations by the presenter suggesting scenarios, and the bold comments are mine and mine alone.........
Libraries
Er – hello. It's a public building. Wear a mask/covering.
Banks
Er – hello. It's a public building. Wear a mask/covering.
Petrol stations
If you pay at the pump – no need to cover up. If you enter the shop to pay – cover up.
Where the 'battle lines' (and believe me, they will be battle lines when it comes to policing) get blurred is where you have coffee shops and fast food outlets serving both takeaways and eat in.
I'd like to think common sense will prevail in most instances but am not sure how much of this is left in current Britain. To my mind, if in doubt – cover up. Unless you have official exemption then live with it. It's necessary.
I'm not sure if Charlie Stayt was trying to trip the MP concerned up (in which case it was just pathetic) or whether he was trying to clarify things for the public. Somehow I suspect the former.
What has annoyed me since the announcement was made last week is when I go shopping I have to wear a mask but the staff don't. In my store yesterday there were aisles with more staff than customers, with none of the staff wearing masks. They were stocking up shelves, scanning things and generally tidying up. OK, staff on the tills are protected by screens but it seems everyone else is free to cough/sneeze on me.

Rant over

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations