Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

quote "How to give a dog a pill:

1)   Wrap it in cheese."

you know my husky  :smiley-laughing:

dannyboy

I could say I don't remember the Hillman Husky .......... but I was brought up to not tell fibs!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

or in his more usual, coiled spring, state poised ready to leap into action at the drop of a biscuit

The Q

Quote from: themadhippy on June 30, 2019, 04:59:53 PM

How to give a dog a pill:

1)   Wrap it in cheese.
You didn't know one of our no logner with us Rough Collies, who would quite happily accept the cheese and eat it.. spitting out the pill afterwards...

Adam1701D

Quote from: class37025 on June 30, 2019, 07:23:06 PM
quote "How to give a dog a pill:

1)   Wrap it in cheese."

you know my husky  :smiley-laughing:

We tried this with Harvey, our Romanian Rescue. He was able to keep the pill in his cheek for some time, spitting it out later. Even grinding the pills up and hiding in food was a nightmare...

That's the problem with ex-street dogs; they are extremely crafty. :-)

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

JBQFC

not unhappy but a bit annoyed

i ordered some timber to fix the back fence i wanted 3 x 2 inch  but ordered 3 x 2 CM   :censored:

ARRRRHHH

John

emjaybee

Quote from: JBQFC on July 11, 2019, 06:23:17 PM

i ordered some timber to fix the back fence i wanted 3 x 2 inch  but ordered 3 x 2 CM   :censored:

ARRRRHHH

John

:laughabovepost:

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud at that one.

Maybe you could make a scale model of the repaired fence.

;D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Lawrence

ARRRRHHH

John

It's going to be a wee fence  :(  ;D

Delboy

Quote from: Lawrence on July 11, 2019, 07:02:24 PM

ARRRRHHH

John

Not if John glues enough of them together  ;)
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lawrence on July 11, 2019, 07:02:24 PM

ARRRRHHH

John

Let's hope it's not electrified then :o

themadhippy

Quotei ordered some timber to fix the back fence i wanted 3 x 2 inch  but ordered 3 x 2 CM
You didnt work with spinal tap by any chance?
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Lawrence

I bought a couple of locos from one of the guys on Trainboard, nice guy did his best to get me a decent rate on shipping etc etc. Sent me the tracking, it took four days to get from Iowa to Newark, it then took a week to get from London to Perth and, because it is being handled by Parcelforce and not Royal mail the handling fee is £12 not £8 and the handling fee was marginally more then the import VAT.
I called Parcelforce to query this and the guy was just ignorant, kept talking over me, telling it was because of the size, I told him it was 2 small N scale locos, must be the value then, the VAT is less than you fee says I, finally got him to admit he didn't have a clue. Having paid the fee online and rearranged delivery for Tuesday at the earliest, they then informed me they wouldn't deliver to my work address. So I asked if they could deliver it next Saturday, "Oh yes Sir, that will be an additional £12, how would you like to pay"
I said forget it, I wont be here Tuesday, or when he comes back on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, so you can save your guy several wasted trips and just bring it on the Saturday, I hung up at that point.
Absolutely useless bunch of rip off sods.
I am actually getting so fed up with they way I constantly get ripped off when I buy from Japan or the US because something I want isn't available here, I'm almost considering packing it all in and just flogging the whole flaming load on fleabay.

Bob Tidbury

I know just what you mean a friend ordered three of those very small four wheel chassis from Plaza Japan on one order  they were very quick delivering the three separate parcels and therefore three lots of import duty and three lots of handling charges .Very annoying when all three chassis and even more could have gone in one little box instead of the three 9inch x 9inch that they each came in .
Bob Tidbury

dannyboy

I know exactly how you feel Lawrence. I bought an American engine, (from America funny enough,  :)), via ebay a week ago. The postman comes on Friday and says, "There is a parcel for you David but you have to pay €64.14 in duty and the like".  :o
As I did not have enough cash on me and the postie could not accept a debit card, he has had to take it back and I have to collect it on Monday.  >:(. I realise that duty etc has to be paid on goods imported from non EU countries, but it is still a pain in the derriere!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations