Forum Slow

Started by Tank, May 13, 2020, 10:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Hello all,

The forum seems to be running a little slow again.  I've submitted a ticket to our hosting company to see if they can help fix the problem.  Thanks for your patience.

Tank.

Skyline2uk

Hi Cap-I-Tan

If it's any help, running fine on Sky WiFi with iPhone....

Skyline2uk

crewearpley40

Chris @Tank . Hi mate all good here. Just have to be patient I guess with people working from home  schoolwork etc and congestion etc. Stay safe

Tank

Seems super quick again now.  The hosting company are great.   :beers:

Tank

Worse now....  I guess they're testing it.

port perran

Hi Tank.
It was pretty slow yesterday but seems fine now.

Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

snitchthebudgie

I think all our so-called high speed internet is having slow spots at the moment - perhaps due to people working at home, and NGF fans who have nothing else to do!!

Newportnobby

Problem is with the forum being slow (even if it's down to all the folks working from home/kids doing school stuff) is the forum is also extremely busy with all the folks being home and the posts are coming quicker than I can read them (and I'm no slouch :no:).

Any chance of a rise please, Boss? :angel: ;)

Papyrus

Internet just seems generally slow all round today. This is not helped by the fact that no.2 stepson (aka CRTE or Currently Resident Technical Expert) has been living and working with us since lockdown started and whatever it is he does is gobbling all the bandwidth! And I upgraded our broadband from 0-6-0 tank to at least Class 5MT for him...

If the internet collapses under the weight of all these people working from home and streaming box sets, we're all Doomed, Doomed I say...

Yours cheerfully,

Chris

Newportnobby

Everything seems to be taking about 3 times longer to do and the forum has timed out on me 4 times just today. I don't know if this is a forum issue/general internet overload/combination of the two but, oh boy, is it brassing me off.

And no, the problem is nowhere near as bad with other sites :no:

ntpntpntp

Slow page saves for me too today.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

crewearpley40

I've checked my settings, browser. I did a speed test result check over 4days and checked with my service provider. Maybe congestion and everybody on phone, internet  zoom etc. Keep going. We do love tank. May not be his fault. I'm struggling too

Tank

There is a problem with the forum that needs addressing.  I'm rebooting the server shortly as there are updates on there as well.  Thanks for reporting!

crewearpley40

Thanks for all your doing @Tank . Will the forum be down please even whilst essential maintenance is underway or patience ?

Tank

Hopefully not too long...!  :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations