TINGS and money?

Started by petercharlesfagg, August 18, 2013, 06:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolkrover

Are we likely to be able to buy any of the new farish or dapol locos promised for sept 2013?

Newportnobby

Quote from: Norfolkrover on August 18, 2013, 09:47:37 PM
Are we likely to be able to buy any of the new farish or dapol locos promised for sept 2013?

Methinks you'd need a crystal ball to know the answer to that one :hmmm:
You also have to bear in mind that initially the main box shifters are limited to a 15% discount on RRP for Farish stuff (does this apply to Dapol?) so it really is a case for 'who has the best price'.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Norfolkrover on August 18, 2013, 09:47:37 PM

In the past it seems some effort has been made to do this, but I'd expect to get them about the same date by mail order because they'll be going into the retailers and out of their mail order department at the same time. Chances are they'll also be a fair bit cheaper online.

Dapol sometimes have good deals on stock they are clearing out - so it may be older stuff that you get best options on. Bachmann used to have some good deals on returns and 'found in a warehouse' stuff but of late it's become overpriced returns that were allegedly 'tested' but without guarantee and not IMHO remotely good value or properly tested.

The dealers who attend have to pay to move stock in, pay for stand space, pay to move stock back home. Don't expect them to have everything at the show or the lowest prices. OTOH you do get to have a good look at what you are getting.

It's also a good place to see Mercig, CJM, and Millfield resprays in the flesh if they are attending. That is worth seeing, although you may want to lock your wallet away first!

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Pete Mc

My budget is dependent on how much it costs to get the car through its MOT.It may need a wheel bearing this year,if this is all it needs then happy days,money to spend on whatever I want.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: bluedepot on August 18, 2013, 07:08:08 PM
i usually hold up a garage on the way there so come with plenty of cash

interesting, I tried shoplifting once but couldn't get my fingers under the door!  Boom Boom!
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

H

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 19, 2013, 12:37:48 AM

The dealers who attend have to pay to move stock in, pay for stand space, pay to move stock back home.

. . . . and pay for their overnight accommodation expenses. Plus, being a commercially organised exhibition, I understand it's not cheap to have a stand at TINGS - rather more than club shows and recently increased in price.

A year or two ago there was a gap where someone pulled out late. It'll be interesting to see who is and who isn't there this year. Don't expect to see ModelZone.  ;)

H.

B757-236GT

I believe Invicta are taking their space. Also Castle trains i dont believe will be there but i think their space has been offered to an exsisting trader to make their stand bigger.

The cash machine ran out at 1.24pm last year (it was refilled after an hour or so). I know as i was second to last to use it.

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations