Locked threads

Started by Steamie+, April 24, 2017, 06:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamie+

Yes going into the shed and work on Roedann Viaduct. Anne bless her has bought me a set of Medium Streamline points for the layout has even she has noticed i haven't done a lot to it just lately, i told her i was waiting for LAST PAY DAY so i could buy some, she went and got them for me, brilliant hey.       :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

red_death

Quote from: Bealman on April 24, 2017, 10:28:42 AM
This is clearly a personal go at me.

In what way is it a personal go at you? It doesn't criticise you personally - the comment is a general comment about the NGF.

Please don't take things so personally.  It actually makes things easier to do your job as a mod if you don't let things get personal to you as people see that they might disagree with your actions but know that you are being fair.

NinOz

Quote from: njee20 on April 24, 2017, 10:37:18 AM
You do something that I and a significant chunk of the membership base don't like,
And a "significant chunk" is how many?  I must have missed the poll. :thumbsdown:
So far seems to be less than 10 sufficiently disturbed to post in the negative so we have, say, a total of 15 members on this forum.
About 95% of statistics are made up on the spot. :D

I don't find it harsh or overbearing.  Job well done mods. :thankyousign:

Bealman: Damper, tea and ANZAC bicky day tomorrow?  Will be for me. :claphappy:  My wife is an ex-POM but insists on doing something OZ on the day.

Regards,
CFJ
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Rabs

I think this thread has run its course now.  Perhaps it's time to lock it?

[Lights blue touchpaper, retreats to safe distance...]

:angel:

njee20

Quote from: NinOz on April 24, 2017, 11:09:33 AM
Quote from: njee20 on April 24, 2017, 10:37:18 AM
You do something that I and a significant chunk of the membership base don't like,
And a "significant chunk" is how many?  I must have missed the poll. :.

I've no idea, which is why I didn't put a number, percentage or any other statistic  ::) thanks for the condescension though. Bit of a personal attack?

That we've had so many of these threads suggests people do find it an issue. I'm not saying everyone does. But some do.

njee20

Quote from: Rabs on April 24, 2017, 11:11:27 AM

I'll bookmark it so I can save typing the same things next week!

Steamie+

Your comment is just asking for trouble, if anyone has got to say it should be locked it is me has i started this. so yes please lock this thread NPN, Bealman and any other Mod. I am sick of members just commenting to have personal attacks on the forum it is really getting down, this is the best forum on the web and if you don't like what the mods do then retreat to the other forums that allow you to say what ever you what, I Don't Think So.     

Happy Modelling.        :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NinOz

Quote from: Rabs on April 24, 2017, 11:11:27 AM

NO.  :no:
Disagree strongly. >:(
A thread is never at the end of the run until someone mentions a comparison to Hitler or Nazis.

CFJ

| Carpe Jugulum |

oscar

Quote from: newportnobby on April 24, 2017, 10:19:19 AM
Quote from: njee20 on April 24, 2017, 10:15:56 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on April 24, 2017, 10:11:00 AM
Quote from: dannyboy on April 24, 2017, 10:01:48 AM
Quote from: oscar on April 24, 2017, 09:57:10 AM
QuoteI agree George that no one should be speeding and i for one have no time for the idiots that do, 

Steamie, so you have no time for virtually every driver in the world, including yourself?  :bounce:

Nothing personal oscar, but surely it is comments like this that get threads locked.  ??? :)

Quite right. Personal attacks will not be tolerated as this goes straight against the 'friendly Forum' ethic. Such posts should be immediately removed by Mods but, in this instance, I'm minded to leave it there to show what can provoke a Mod respone

For clarity NN - are you saying Oscar's comment constitutes a "personal attack"? I'm not seeing that at all.

For clarity - yes I am. How does Oscar know someone speeds? He has made a purely unsubstantiated comment on a fellow member.

Just stating a fact.... :angel: :confused1:
Can anyone truthfully deny it?

NinOz

Quote from: njee20 on April 24, 2017, 11:35:37 AM
and contributed nothing (NinOz I'm looking at you), that's far more damaging.
Are we straying a bit into the personal attack realm?

What I miss on this forum is the capability of the OP to lock and unlock their own thread (unless locked by a mod).
Has some good uses beside locking down thread wander.

CFJ

| Carpe Jugulum |

njee20

That sounds like an atrocious feature! Why not just have a blog?

Tank

Quote from: njee20 on April 24, 2017, 09:50:40 AM
I forget who it was last time we did this said that this forum is like the Prisoner. It appears to be entirely sweet and innocent on the surface, but if you step out of line you're swiftly brought back!

This 'prison' has a voluntary leaving policy....you may use it. :)

Quote from: njee20 on April 24, 2017, 09:05:51 AM
But anyway, this is at least he 4th thread on this now. If members do request topics are locked they've never said anything, whilst a number have said it's a real pain. Perhaps there's a silent majority who don't want to speak out.

Hit the nail on the head.  Some members are vocal, and others just report to us about it.  Some members also write posts that are reported and we delete if we feel it's right.  A lot of the time we feel that most reported posts are OK.  A lot happens behind the scenes, and many of you don't see the rude posts that are put on here as they've been deleted.  Even posts on this thread have been deleted by the members that wrote them. ::)

Locked threads are only ever locked if the thread is out of hand, or if the original poster asks for it to be locked - to which we won't say as that's confidential.

We did have a policy of locking some topics that would quickly get out of control, but I asked the moderators not to do this a couple of months back as there were complaints.

daffy

Just read this thread.

Wish I hadn't.

I'm going to play with my trains now.

Anybody want to join me?

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Steamie+

Quote from: daffy on April 24, 2017, 01:59:21 PM
Just read this thread.

Wish I hadn't.

I'm going to play with my trains now.

Anybody want to join me?

Yes please Mike.     :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tank

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations