The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Quote from: class37025 on October 15, 2020, 12:19:50 PM
do I detect a call for selective censorship,

ie I don't like the views expressed, so delete them ?

Would that be a "right" to express your view, through the "right" of freedom of speech?

Skyline2uk

dannyboy

Quote from: joe cassidy on October 15, 2020, 12:19:30 PM
Capital punishment is also an "effective deterrent to further antisocial behaviour" and "nobody came back for seconds".

Moderator, moderator ?

They are not going to hear you. They are all self isolating, wearing masks and drowning in hand sanitiser. Or they are out on a march demanding to know why they have to wear masks whilst using hand sanitiser, (wondering where the Army is).   ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Skyline2uk

:laughabovepost:

A well timed piece of humour to lighten the mood

Good on you sir  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

joe cassidy

As we speak, at least 2 of them are/should be sleeping

Newportnobby

Quote from: joe cassidy on October 15, 2020, 12:13:04 PM
Moderators.

We complain when they intervene too often but they are never there when you need them  :(

If you want to complain to the Mods then use the 'Report to Moderator' button found in each post. The Mods will then discuss it between them and take any action necessary

dannyboy

Quote from: joe cassidy on October 15, 2020, 12:39:35 PM
As we speak, at least 2 of them are/should be sleeping

Should be, but they are having a meeting, (2 metres apart), deciding what to do about this thread.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

joe cassidy

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 15, 2020, 12:41:10 PM
Quote from: joe cassidy on October 15, 2020, 12:13:04 PM
Moderators.

We complain when they intervene too often but they are never there when you need them  :(

If you want to complain to the Mods then use the 'Report to Moderator' button found in each post. The Mods will then discuss it between them and take any action necessary

I've complained as you suggest Mick.

Best regards,

Joe

themadhippy

QuoteRights
I remember them ,over the last 40 or so years they've been getting less and less
Quotefreedom of speech?
see above.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

themadhippy

Ok it seems the more mature members are most vocal in the calls for further covid restrictions,may i ask why? Looking at the data the average  age of death from covid is 82.4 years,before covid the average life expectancy was 81.16, are you all just scared of living longer?

Trainfish

I've paid loads towards my government pension and I want to see some of it back  ::)
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

javlinfaw7

The thing not mentioned is Long Covid which is leaving  younger people with serious long term heath problems

Newportnobby

We are informed those over 60 and/or BAME are most likely to die from this virus. Is it therefore any wonder those in that group would like some protection from the idiots who flout restrictions and advice? I don't give a damn if the transgressor is a youth or an OAP, if they can't abide by the rules then someone has to make them do so and by whatever works - preferably massive fines to my mind. I'm not proposing a beating, imprisonment (why inflict the poor crims with these people) or capital punishment, but something has to be done and the police don't have the man/woman power

themadhippy

Quote, if they can't abide by the rules then someone has to make them do so
so youve never broke a rule ever?
QuoteI've paid loads towards my government pension and I want to see some of it back
with covid doing the rounds the figures suggest youll get 1.24 years more pension than without.
Quoteleaving  younger people with serious long term heath problems
biggest killer apart from suicide and poisoning in the 20-34 year old is transport related,so why not ban all transport for that age group

emjaybee

I see no need for deliberately inflammatory and antagonizing posts. You've made it patently clear you disagree already. This is just showing a complete lack of respect for other forum users situations.

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Yet_Another

Quote from: emjaybee on October 15, 2020, 04:59:09 PM
I see no need for deliberately inflammatory and antagonizing posts. You've made it patently clear you disagree already. This is just showing a complete lack of respect for other forum users situations.
Who's this directed at? There's plenty of inflamation and antagonisation, both deliberate and unthinking, on all sides of this issue.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations