The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kesdrive

Quote from: thebrighton on December 09, 2022, 10:54:05 AM
Our surgeries waiting room is always empty now as 85% of appointments are by phone. It's a pain but less cancellations as if you don't answer the phone it's only wasted seconds of the doctors time and they are able to 'see' more patients every day.
Like I said it can be a pain but being able to talk to a doctor is easier than pre COVID so that's one plus from the pandemic.

I can't even get a telephone appointment!

Chris

Browning 9mm

it may be my previous incarnations breaking through, but I cannot help but wonder if it isn't a case of....

"can I make an appointment to see the doctor ?"

"sorry, nothing available for xx weeks"

so, either you get better - problem resolved - result
or you die - problem solved - result.

several weeks ago, SWMBO had her tele follow up with the consultant regarding her six month CT scan.
all clear but they did notice an enlarged lumph node which could indicate an infection.

phoned the gp, any chance of an appointment
sorry
could you pass a message to the gp to ask if she should start her standby anti-biotics and steroids
sorry we don't pass messages any more, you need to e-mail us at ....

:veryangry:

scottish water, another scottishwater

e-mailed the same question, by now it is about 4:00pm.
within 20 minutes phone rings, it's the same receptionist ..
can you get your wife down for a 5:00pm appointment
sorry, can't get her down that quickly.
how about a 5:30pm appointment ?
I can manage that
arrived at the surgery, empty waiting room, straight in to see the gp at 5:30pm

:hmmm:
but when I first phoned there were no appointments for weeks  :*(

saw the 'duty gp' who examined her, confirmed that she had an infection, and needed to start he standby meds, and issued a prescription for a replacement set.

when she had not improved after she had finished her meds, phoned again to get an appointment, 'sorry nothing for several days, would you like me to pass a message to the gp ?  :o

doctor phoned within 30 mins, said he thought the antibiotics had not worked, and sent a prescription for a different one over to the pharmacy.
she's on them now, and it seems that she is improving a bit.

so they can act swiftly, there are appointments, it all seems down to whether you speak to the helpful receptionist, or the jobsworth.

kesdrive

After my blood test yesterday had a text from my GP stating he had found problem and sent a prescription through to my local chemist for me to collect tomorrow.

Better than waiting 3 or 4 weeks for an appointment!

:bounce:

Chris

Newportnobby

Nutjobs who can't drive in ice/snow/slush! :veryangry:
I ventured out at 08.30 to fetch my RM, some stamps, a paper along with a coffee at Tesco café and twice within 15 minutes a car was driven too fast up a side street towards the main road road I was on, with the inevitable result they slid out into oncoming traffic.
That's exactly the sort of thing I bought the dashcam for.

dannyboy

I bought my first dashcam about 5 years ago after nearly being taken out by an artic' and three days later nearly getting hit by somebody who failed to give way. Fortunately I have never needed to use the dashcam 'in anger' since it was fitted, but they are so useful if ever they are needed - you only have to look at some of the clips on YouTube to see how important they can be. I think they should be built into all new cars.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

PaulCheffus

Quote from: dannyboy on December 10, 2022, 04:55:02 PM
I think they should be built into all new cars.

Hi

I agree, however there would be those who say it infringes their rights in some way.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Newportnobby

Quote from: PaulCheffus on December 10, 2022, 04:58:18 PM

Hi

I agree, however there would be those who say it infringes their rights in some way.

Cheers

Paul

If they're doing nothing wrong there's nothing to get annoyed about - just like CCTV cameras being everywhere.

Dorsetmike

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 10, 2022, 07:42:51 PM

Hi

Cheers

Paul

If they're doing nothing wrong there's nothing to get annoyed about - just like CCTV cameras being everywhere.

I wish! Some eejit knocks on my flat door during the night, not every night maybe twice one week then miss a week, any time between about 1 AM and 6 AM but I'm not alowed to place a camera at the door, data protection act and all that, neverthe less I bought one of the cheapy ones from Amazon  but can't get it to record to a micro SD card and I don't have a mobile phone which it is also supposed to work with.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

stevewalker

I

Hi

Cheers

Paul

If every car was fitted with a dashcam, you could guarantee that the police would want to see the video from any accident - breaking the rule that you cannot be forced to incriminate yourself, if you were at fault.

njee20

Quote from: Dorsetmike on December 10, 2022, 08:58:14 PM

Hi

Cheers

Paul

I wish! Some eejit knocks on my flat door during the night, not every night maybe twice one week then miss a week, any time between about 1 AM and 6 AM but I'm not alowed to place a camera at the door, data protection act and all that, neverthe less I bought one of the cheapy ones from Amazon  but can't get it to record to a micro SD card and I don't have a mobile phone which it is also supposed to work with.

You sure about that Mike? What about all the houses with video doorbells these days? I've actually got a spare one if it's any use to you? No charge. It's a wired "Ring" model. We have a wireless doorbell, and I just can't stomach wiring it in!

Dorsetmike

As far as I know so long as it can only capture what is on your property it's OK, in my case the corridor outside my flat is not part of my property. I think also the fact that I would only use it in record mode, not tied to a phone; the recording of what happens on "public areas" is part of the problem.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Quote from: stevewalker on December 10, 2022, 09:01:26 PM
I

Hi

Cheers

Paul

If every car was fitted with a dashcam, you could guarantee that the police would want to see the video from any accident - breaking the rule that you cannot be forced to incriminate yourself, if you were at fault.

I think the rozzers have enough to be going on with without looking at dashcam footage? :hmmm:
Attending crime scenes might be a start..............

zwilnik

Hi

Cheers

Paul

As with most of the internet though, just because they say it, it doesn't mean it's true ;)

It's perfectly within your rights to have CCTV on your property as long as it's not invading another property's privacy. Things like video doorbells etc. are the same. Police can *ask* to borrow footage from your CCTV or doorbell if they think it's caught something useful to do with a crime, but without a warrant they can't demand it. However Amazon already shares data from Ring cameras with local police departments in the US when they request it for investigations and there's pressure from some mayors to make it automatic access for police.

Police can (and do) already use dashcam footage from drivers using them to record idiotic 'speed runs' to convict them, so I'd while the driver doesn't have to say anything, that doesn't apply to anything they've recorded.

Dash cams in all new cars would be a great idea. Apart from acting like a black box in cases of serious accidents and helping drivers avoid blame when other people invariably do something incredibly stupid, it would also make all drivers that bit more wary about being idiots if they know they'll likely be recorded on camera.

Browning 9mm

re post by @Newportnobby

I think the rozzers have enough to be going on with without looking at dashcam footage? :hmmm:
Attending crime scenes might be a start..............

I seem to remember from a post on here years ago that the way to get plod to attend is to phone up and say you have burgulars ...

"sorry, no one available, if anyone does become available we'll send someone round, but it might be a PCSO tomorrow"

wait five minutes

phone again

"please ignore my previous call, my husband has gone out with his shotgun, it will be sorted soon"

you'll have armed response units all over the road in seconds, you know, the ones that were not available five minute before  :veryangry:

Browning 9mm

my moan this morning is on the lines of
councils - gritting - lack of.

snow started to fall yesterday, big fluffy flakes

HB thought they were great  :thumbsup:

and they settled
and continued
and continued
and we ended up with about 2 inches of snow, and a very happy HB

this would, in my day, have resulted in gritters hitting the motorways and A roads, then all bus routes and even farmers out with tractors gritting side roads.
of course that got stopped, they had to pay the farmers, to be replaced by a few yellow bins with salt in for you to do it yourself, with your own shovel.

however, my daughter lives on a bus route in Haywards Heath, no sign of gritters, and no sign of buses either.

I assume the staff carpark at the council offices will have been gritted though.

so today's competion....

has anyone seen either a gritter, or even evidence of one, over the weekend ?

don't all resh to answer at once.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations