The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Quote from: Only Me on April 05, 2016, 03:33:42 PM
Quote from: daveg on April 05, 2016, 03:25:21 PM

Most cars fitted with the High Intensity rear light(s) have a warning lamp on the dash - BMWs, of course,  excepted;)

Dave G

I would like to object on the grounds that you are only jealous your Rover 214i does not have such a device :D

That's so-o hurtful, especially for those with a much loved 214i.  :P

My dad had one of those and by the time he gave up driving, it had collected a minor ding in every single panel and a layer of moss around the window seals!  :)

Dave G

Caz

Quote from: jonclox on April 04, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
:veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: Ordered a pack of M8 Tee nuts

Couldn't you have them for breakfast instead.   ;)    Okay, okay, I've got me coat.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

Quote from: Caz on April 05, 2016, 06:42:33 PM
Quote from: jonclox on April 04, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
:veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: Ordered a pack of M8 Tee nuts

Couldn't you have them for breakfast instead.   ;)    Okay, okay, I've got me coat.   :)

:-X

Oldman

Totally fed up, am on elderly mother duty for a month and don't have space here for any model stuff. My current space equivalent to a single berth on a very small boat, even junior ratings aboard in the Navy have more space
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

jonclox

:veryangry: :veryangry: :censored: Dapol have once again delayed delivery of its class 73 Pullman locos until September 2016
:veryangry: :veryangry:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

daveg

Quote from: jonclox on May 06, 2016, 11:02:43 AM
:veryangry: :veryangry: :censored: Dapol have once again delayed delivery of its class 73 Pullman locos until September 2016
:veryangry: :veryangry:

Picked that news up this morning, Jon. Posted the info on the original Class 73 thread.

Darned maddening as it must be well over 6 months overdue now

At least I have my order confirmed so I'm still expecting to see it - some time!

Dave G

Newportnobby

Having had my last meeting with the 'black box' consultant cancelled I had not heard from the hospital so thought I'd better call them, especially as I have a meeting with his team on 26th May.
For 4 hours this morning I got the "we are experiencing high levels of calls. Please call back later".
At 14.30 I finally got through and was told my appointment with the consultant was on the 27th May.
My query as to whether they were actually going to inform me of that or were they hoping I would, for some reason, call them fell on deaf ears. ::)
I explained to the woman that it was a 60 mile round trip for me and that, as I was not allowed to drive my car, someone else had to bring me so was it possible to have both meetings on the same day so as to make just the one trip. I await their call to see what sort of shambles they've arranged.

GeeBee

Quote from: newportnobby on May 16, 2016, 03:42:27 PM
Having had my last meeting with the 'black box' consultant cancelled I had not heard from the hospital so thought I'd better call them, especially as I have a meeting with his team on 26th May.
For 4 hours this morning I got the "we are experiencing high levels of calls. Please call back later".
At 14.30 I finally got through and was told my appointment with the consultant was on the 27th May.
My query as to whether they were actually going to inform me of that or were they hoping I would, for some reason, call them fell on deaf ears. ::)
I explained to the woman that it was a 60 mile round trip for me and that, as I was not allowed to drive my car, someone else had to bring me so was it possible to have both meetings on the same day so as to make just the one trip. I await their call to see what sort of shambles they've arranged.

Sorry to hear this Mick you definitely don't need this type of runaround but look on the bright side you might get to spend some time with some dolly looking nurses
:laugh3:
Graham

Newportnobby

Quote from: GeeBee on May 16, 2016, 03:49:38 PM

Sorry to hear this Mick you definitely don't need this type of runaround but look on the bright side you might get to spend some time with some dolly looking nurses
:laugh3:
Graham

They are very few and far between at Blackpool, Graham. In fact, it's another thing that makes me angry when I go to the hospital there as I see countless posters about the evils of tobacco, drink and being overweight yet, from what I've seen, the majority of the nurses there are clinically obese!

Malc

It's the old, "do as I say, not as I do" thing, Mick. My old doctor drank like a fish, mainly single malts, and smoked an old pipe that he filled with tarred rope. He never told you to give up drinking or smoking. It was a great loss when he dropped dead at 30. Just kidding, he was about 65 when he retired.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Oldman

Arrive at one of my local stations to see Flying Scotsman go through and the  :censored: :censored: camera battery decided to die just as it came into view, :censored: more expense at Samsung's benefit.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

stevewalker

The NHS can either be really good or atrocious.

At Christmas we went to visit relatives in Ireland. Within an hour of arriving, our eldest son (12) had a fit - he'd never had any health problems before. It was a full tonic clonic (grand mal) with one-sided distortion of his face. Such fits normally last 3 or 4 minutes and then the person is either very sleepy or confused. In our son's case though, it was nearly 8 minutes, followed by a full cardio-respiratory arrest. Luckily my wife is a nurse and managed to resuscitate him.  :o

While we were still over there we contacted our GP and had his hospital notes faxed over. In light of the severity of the after-effects of the seizure, the GP said he'd make an urgent referral, but forgot to put urgent on the letter and 3 weeks later it was still sitting with his back office staff.

We were then told that it would be 3 months before an appointment at Manchester children's hospital or a couple of weeks at our local hospital, so we chose the local one.

The consultant dismissed it, basically stating that it might be epilepsy, but we'd just have to wait for another fit to confirm it. A bit difficult as he could be killed by another such fit and has to travel to school for an hour on the bus where he'd be unlikely to get help in time.  :veryangry:

We ended up paying for a private consultant, who recommended an MRI scan to our GP. Our GP referred to the local hospital and we spent months waiting for a scan, as the local hospital only treats over 14s and referred to the children's hospital, while the children's hospital kept referring back to the local hospital as he was over 12!!!!!  :censored:

He finally had a scan a couple of weeks ago and we are due to get the results on 8th June. Luckily there have been no further fits, but he has suffered from headaches and double vision. At the moment we don't know whether it was a one off (a large percentage of the population have a one-off fit at some point); epilepsy; a bleed on the brain; a tumour ...

scotsoft

That must have been terrifying for you and it is a wonder you kept your temper with that letter.

I hope you get an answer in June and it is good news.

Cheers John.

Bealman

A horrible experience indeed. All the best - let's hope it's good news.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Crickey! What a thing to happen. Must have been very scary for all of you, especially your son

So stupid being sent back and forth like that.

Do hope the forthcoming news is good and you can stop worrying.

All the best.

Dave G

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations