The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDunn

Quote from: Sprintex on September 14, 2014, 07:54:12 PM
plus some grazed knuckles :D
You're not supposed to beat the mechanics up, remember ?   :P

mr bachmann

for once I'm thankful I own a Preston built masterpiece  ....

The Bond Minicar
"Often imitated but never surpassed"

ngauger

Better get the wiper blades done while their at it ;-)
LNWR & Midland Railway Company

daveg

Moving House

Late June 2014
We sell our place in 3 days.
A week later buyer changes his mind.

July
Ten days later we sell our house again.
Buyer's lawyers asks stupid questions
Stupid questions answered.

Find new house and do the deal.
More stupid questions from our buyer's lawyer.
Answer more stupid questions.

August
New home seller wants to fix moving date
That's fine with us.
Get movers quotes and suggest September date.
That's fine with them – date reserved.

Buyer's lawyers asks stupid questions.
Buyer going out of country for 3 weeks.
We're getting angry now.
Chase lawyers.

September 2014
Miss going to TINGS, too busy packing.
Get lawyers to exchange.
Movers can't hold reserved date any longer.
Revised date offered.

New home seller booked original date pre-contract and now upset.
We can't book movers as seller not come back with date.

I want me mum!  :'(

Dave G

Caz

That's it is what is great in buying properties here in Spain, you negotiate and agree a price, lawyer does a quick check on legal state of house (Note Simple), pay a 10% non refundable deposit (except it exceptional circumstances) and agree a date.  On the agreed date, all parties go to the Solicitors office, money/cheques are exchange and keys handed over, job done.

No such things as chains here, if you sell before you buy, you rent somewhere short term until your purchase goes through.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Geoff

My lad is moving out some time in my life but he is frustrated at moving.

September 2013 he and his girl friend find a house they like and speak to the owners about buying the house then goes into the hands of solicitors.

October 2013 the owners decide the house they were moving to was not for them.

November they told my lad they have found another property but once again change there minds, and say it will be after the new year before they look for another property.

March they tell my son they have found a property and it is ok for them to do all there searches etc.

June the searches begin and told it will take approx 12 weeks before they get a date to move in.

September they are still waiting to move in and have just found out that the property the house owners are moving into is being held up by the solicitors of the other owners.

Not only my lad is pulling his hair out but I am to, My house is a mess it looks like a bomb has hit it with all his belongings in boxes ready for the move, why oh why is it so hard to buy a house the red tape seems to be very lengthy.

Oh by the way I need him out of the house as his room is my new Model Railway room.

Geoff

daveg

Lucky you, Caz!

Sounds like Spain work a similar routine to that in Scotland although I've heard horror stories regarding Spanish 'off plan' sales.

Apart from anything else, it's cost my other half about £4k in lost wages.

Dave G

Tdm

When we saw the Apartment we wanted to buy to live in here in Tenerife it was on a Monday.
On Thursday of that same week it was ours and we could move in immediately if we wanted.

Similar situation with the other apartments we now own on our complex, although on a couple of them there was some negotiation over the price beforehand, but once the price was finally agreed everything went through very quick.

I remember though when we emigrated it took a long time to complete the sale of the house we were leaving, and we were let down by potential buyers more than once.

Bob Wild

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on September 05, 2014, 10:36:58 AM
I got done at36 mph Bob

I knew I should never have bought the beast. Got done doing 36 in a 30 limit while even towing the caravan !!

Bob Wild

And another thing - perhaps you American afficianados can explain.

Just back from crossing Coast to Coast in the USA via Amtrak.

New York to Washington - arrive 3 hours late.
Washington to Chicago   - arrive 2 hours late.
Chicago to Denver         - arrive 3 hours late.
Flagstaff to Los Angeles - depart 4 hours late - the only upside of this was that the scheduled time was 10:00 pm, and by the time it got to 2:00 am the whole group was well and truly smashed and didn't really care whether the train even arrived.

Anyway, how can such a lousy scheduling system work at all. And it was nowhere as fast as an Intercity 125. Astonished!!

Agrippa

Probably some pesky injuns on the tracks...................
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

OwL

Amtrak would have got away with it if it weren't for those pesky kids.............

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Sprintex

Quote from: Agrippa on September 27, 2014, 12:54:09 AM
Probably some pesky injuns on the tracks...................

Ooh no no no, can't say that nowadays :no:

It's 'Native Americans'  ;)

Paul

Malc

Quote from: Bob Wild on September 27, 2014, 12:02:58 AM
And another thing - perhaps you American afficianados can explain.

Just back from crossing Coast to Coast in the USA via Amtrak.

New York to Washington - arrive 3 hours late.
Washington to Chicago   - arrive 2 hours late.
Chicago to Denver         - arrive 3 hours late.
Flagstaff to Los Angeles - depart 4 hours late - the only upside of this was that the scheduled time was 10:00 pm, and by the time it got to 2:00 am the whole group was well and truly smashed and didn't really care whether the train even arrived.

Anyway, how can such a lousy scheduling system work at all. And it was nowhere as fast as an Intercity 125. Astonished!!

Sounds like a GRJ holiday. When we did that several years ago, our Tour Manager managed to leave his briefcase with all the money, tickets etc in the hotel in New York. A bridge fire somewhere made our train from Flagstaff 8 hours late.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

talisman56

Quote from: OwL on September 27, 2014, 01:45:18 AM
Amtrak would have got away with it if it weren't for those pesky kids.............

Ruh-Roh!
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations