The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

I was on 20+ a day! depending on who I was working with. Most of the lads I worked with had the habit and we could smoke at work in those days. Some days I suspect it was nearer 40. I managed to give up in the 80's when I had a vicious head cold. Stopped for 2 years, had a cigar at a wedding, started again. Finally gave up when I was diagnosed with diabetes in '94.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

REGP

Gave up a 20 a day habit at turn of the century with the aid of patches.
Don't get the craving any more, but do like the aroma of a good cigar, strange as I never smoked them.
Ray

MinZaPint

Tax demand landed on the mat this morning  :veryangry: Work all your life paying taxes and trying to save a pension and then they tax the pension companies reducing my pot by a third!, take a little job (32 days a year) to try and make up the difference and they tax me on that!  :veryangry:  :veryangry: The "B :censored: 's"
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Geoff

Quote from: MinZaPint on July 09, 2014, 11:31:45 AM
Tax demand landed on the mat this morning  :veryangry: Work all your life paying taxes and trying to save a pension and then they tax the pension companies reducing my pot by a third!, take a little job (32 days a year) to try and make up the difference and they tax me on that!  :veryangry:  :veryangry: The "B :censored: 's"

Same with me I got my pension and the gits took a third, then they sent me a letter stating I had not paid enough and decided to take another £300, and told me they would adjust my tax code to pay it back that way, each year I am worse off because of the tax man, for some reason the poor get taxed and the rich can hide it.  :censored:
Geoff

Michael Hendle

I have just had a bust up with the tax people,again they say I underpaid my income tax,this is the 3rd year running now,I have just the normal single persons state pension,and a Occupation Pension.

They put me on a tax code of 181L to pay off the under payment,which I thought was a bit much as it was their fault,giving the wrong tax code last year to my Occupational Pension Provider,

I rang up the Tax people,and asked what was going on,they said they would ring me back,which they did today,all full of apologize they had got it all wrong ends up I overpaid them £250.00 last year,so I'm now getting a refund and a new tax code.

What annoys me is the Government have given them the right to deduct under payments with out having to tell,by giving you a low tax code,even if it's their fault.
Mike

Malc

The tax man said I'd underpaid my national insurance by £2500 last year and demanded the money, with 60p a day interest. I only worked 3 months as I have retired now, and have already paid £2800. My accountant didn't know what they were doing, so rang them up and it turns out they couldn't explain it either and it would be 8 - 10 weeks before I get a reply.

Malc

Nice one - serves them right. They only pick on us because it is easier than chasing Starbucks.

Jerry Howlett

So for my wife's sisters birthday we think what to do ?

She lives in a small town in East Anglia in a house with 2 other ladies and has a fiance, however she is 50 years old and has Downs syndrome.
Before being made reundant , she had a job (cleaning etc) at a home for the handicapped until some bright spark decided that any "care home" had to have en suite facilities even if the residents were bed bound, but thats another story.

Anyway living "off shore" we ordered her a large Tshirt with "Name printed" is Dr Whos new assistant as she is obsessed with the programme.

When we phoned her yesterday she told us that one of her "staff" previously called care workers, had told her not to wear it in the town as if she went out she could be abducted!!!  She lives a normal life and has a day job, neadless to say the aforementioned member of "staff" is yet to reach maturity as they sacked anyone over the age of 25 years ago.... :veryangry:

She is 50 and weighs circa 17 stone!!!! 

What has happened to the UK ????
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Agrippa

To Jerry Howlett, find out the procedures about this and get the management
involved, not easy at a distance, but these clowns should be booted out
of any "care system".

Those involved with Her Majesty's minions put in formal complaints, see your
MP if you can track down the lazy ******.

Kick up a stink , but it's no point moaning about Starbucks, what they're doing
is perfectly legal and anyone is entitled to minimise their tax liabilities .

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

talisman56

What Starbucks et al do may be legal, but morally it sucks...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

GScaleBruce

I've just discovered what happens if you accidentally flick an n gauge wagon onto the floor from a height of just over 4 feet.

It shatters into a myriad broken pieces.  :'(
Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

Jerry Howlett

So begins a new kit building project ?
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Caz

Quote from: Caz on May 12, 2014, 09:39:01 PM
I don't post on this thread very often as it takes a lot to get me angry, but now I am really angry.  Managed to have the winning bid on Saturday on an eBay item that I had been after for quite a while, this evening I receive the following communication from the seller, stinks to me.

Dear  :censored:,

Hi,
unfortunately I have posted your item to another one of my customers by mistake, he has now gone on holiday and will not be back until the middle of June. The question is do you want to wait that long or would you prefer that I give you a full refund, when I get it back from him I will let you know and give you 1st option to buy it if you don't buy another in the meantime. I am really sorry about this.
Kind regards Jen
:censored:   Reply in your email program or through My Messages

END QUOTE

Here is an update to my original moan as I have finally heard back from the advertiser of the missing building I won cheaply on eBay.

Hi
The buyer has not returned the item - I think I am going to have to kiss it goodbye - he says he is abroad!
Jen

- jennywensky
END QUOTE

Miraculously the model-railway-emporium which is nearby to the original advertiser now has an additional over priced one for sale, I smell a rat so I would avoid Jenny Wensky for eBay purchases unless you want to be conned.  I have told her what I think has really happened, wonder if I will get a reply.

:veryangry: :censored: :veryangry:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Caz

Oh yes, I had my refund but had to agree to cancel the purchase and she promised to sell it to me at the winning bid price when it was returned!  Regrettably as the sale was cancelled I can't leave any feedback.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%