The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

Sad news, I'm sure he enjoyed his time with you and your wife.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Newportnobby

So sorry to hear this on top of your other news, Jerry :(

keerout

Oooooh NOooo...  :o  :worried: don't give up though...
Gerard

Newportnobby

Quote from: Only Me on May 21, 2014, 08:53:17 PM
Just dropped a whole 1.5kg coffee jar full of PVA mix all over my right hand board, thats the ballasting i'd spent two hours carefully laying completely bu**ered, fine ballast in the workings of four sets of points.. Not to mention the mess i hope the ply doesn't warp as it dries or theres going to be one hell of a bonfire at the weekend!!!! Grrrrrrrrr :(

One of the worst possible mishaps that could occur :doh:
Hope the damage is not irreparable.

lil chris

It could have been worse Only Me, imagine if the glue had been Evo Stick, you would be high has a kite by now.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on May 21, 2014, 08:24:19 PM
So sorry to hear this on top of your other news, Jerry :(

My thoughts also. Hope the Mrs surgery is a complete success.

Dave G

Tank

I've been decorating the bathroom today and needed to order another tin of paint from Screwfix for tomorrow.  I rushed through the checkout and forgot to pay for Saturday delivery.  Now it won't be coming until Tuesday. :doh:  I'm back to work on Tuesay. :-\

Newportnobby

Was Jezzer Clarkson driving that plastic pig? :D

Dorsetmike

Had an appointment for laser eye treatment this morning at Bournemouth hospital

8 AM phoned to book hospital car, after waiting in a queue of 4 for 25 minutes, I was told I could not book same as they need 24 hours notice (they also needed details from the appointment form, NHS number GP details, I could phone the Eye unit and get them to do the booking, but that would have taken too long so I would have been too late for the appointment, so booked a Taxi £18; arrived in time for the appointment at 10.15 had drops put in my eye about 10.45, finally got my treatment (which took 10 minutes!) at 11.30 which appears to have been successful (see happy thread) I then had to go to the pharmacy for some eye drops half hour wait, and was told to book hospital car through main reception after pharmacy, I was given a freephone at reception, but could not book as I no longer had my paperwork which had been handed in to eye unit reception, so all the way back to the eye unit, for them to book it, it took the receptionist nearly half hour to get a reply (long queue? 2 in queue)  eventually due to the fact that the car service had incorrect information on their screen they wouldn't take a booking, So she got authorisation to get a docket to pay for a taxi. That came from the other side of town so that was a further half hour, I finally left the hospital at 13.30 arriving home just before 1400, to find I'd missed the postie, so have to go collect a camera tomorrow!

So all told about 6 hours spent to get a 10 minute procedure done.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Sprintex

Quote from: newportnobby on May 23, 2014, 02:54:53 PM
Was Jezzer Clarkson driving that plastic pig? :D

Think so, looks familiar that clip ;)

Paul

Bob Wild

Got really cheesed off with organising several details for my continental caravan trip. When the last one asked me for the nth time to tell him my full name, postcode, 1st line of my address, my date of birth and my mother's maiden name, I said "Would you mind telling me your full name, postcode, 1st line of my address, my date of birth and my mother's maiden name". He didn't seem very amused, surprise, surprise.

Malc

When I get annoyed with those sort of questions, I tell them that this call is being recorded for security and training purposes. It usually quiets them down a bit.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bob Wild

Quote from: Malc on May 23, 2014, 10:50:16 PM
I tell them that this call is being recorded for security and training purposes.

Yeah, I like that!

Newportnobby

They're either losing 'guests' of the local Moss Side prison or some git has flown his helicopter too low for the past 3 nights in the small hours :veryangry:

Michael Shillabeer

500 European spec (I assume right hand drive too) 2015 Ford Mustangs were available to pre-order last night for a limited time, but you had to order without knowing the price! :veryangry:

Very unlikely to be in my budget, but its a car I've wanted for decades!

I hoping they will depreciate like a brick covered in concrete!

Best regards
Michael

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations