The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Mc

Thats just plain inconsiderate if you ask me.You are sat at home,dying of some terrible illness and off they go,out gallivanting as if nothings wrong.   :D

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

guest311

just keep taking the whisky medicine.

it will either cure you, or you won't feel a thing  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Pengi

Drove through water on the road which also contained unseen pot-hole. I wasn't even going very fast!

As a result, front tyre split round rim. This is the second time that I've had tyre damage from pot-holes. Another £300+ bill for a new one  :veryangry: :veryangry:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

MikeDunn

Quote from: Pengi on April 21, 2013, 01:09:50 PM
Another £300+ bill for a new one  :veryangry: :veryangry:
Send the Council a bill together with details on the pot-hole.

OK, odds are nothing will happen but you might get your money back !!!

Malc

Send the bill to the relevant council. It's worth a try and if enough people do it, they may repair the pot hole.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Sprintex

Quote from: Pengi on April 21, 2013, 01:09:50 PM
As a result, front tyre split round rim. This is the second time that I've had tyre damage from pot-holes. Another £300+ bill for a new one  :veryangry: :veryangry:

£300 for a tyre - what do you drive, a Lamborghini??  :worried:

I hit a huge pot-hole a few years back in my Sierra - result one shredded tyre, one bent rim, and even cracked the bottom of the windscreen with the shock-loading! Took plenty of pictures of the hole on my phone, including a couple with an empty oil can next to it to prove the size involved, then sent the lot to the county council with written proof of repair costs involved. Got £440 back which covered new tyre, refurbishment of alloy wheel and replacement heated windscreen  :thumbsup:

Paul

Sprintex

Here's the pictures I sent them:-

Pothole with 5-litre oil can for scale:

Wheel rim:

Tyre:

Windscreen:

Paul

Agrippa

Good on yer ! How did you verify the location of the
pothole as being on that council's road?

You could send a claim to all the councils in the UK
and make £440 x (number of councils) and make £££££££s .  >:D
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Sprintex

Gave them the exact location by description and also reported the defect via the council's online reporting facility ;)

"Dear Manager

I wish to report an incident that occurred on Friday 26th May that unfortunately caused damage to my vehicle.

I was travelling southwards along The Street, Great Hallingbury when my nearside front wheel hit a huge pothole in the road approx 50 metres past the Flitch Way footbridge. The impact of this was enough to rip the tyre from the rim and dent the inside of the wheel, forcing me to change the wheel immediately. The force of the impact has also caused the windscreen to crack at the bottom where there was otherwise no damage beforehand. I have enclosed pictures of the damaged tyre, rim and windscreen as evidence, as well as pictures of the pothole taken on my mobile phone immediately after the incident using a 5 litre oil can for reference to indicate the size and depth of the hole, which I estimated to be 60cm by 40cm oval, and between 5cm and 10cm deep.

Whilst I realise that road damage is a big problem and cannot be avoided even with the most stringent checks, a hole as large and as deep as this must have taken weeks to evolve. I also realise that it needs members of the public to report such defects, and I did so via your website after the incident, online ref WEB1995, to which I received an acknowledgement with the Enquiry number 1968."

Paul

Newportnobby

My brother in law hit a pothole and suffered £800 damage to the alloys on his BMW.
When he contacted the council to report the damage they told him if he had reported the pothole before he hit it they would have allowed his claim. He got nowt :veryangry:

Pengi

Thanks for this - it is very helpful. The pothole was some miles from my home but once I get a new tyre fitted I will go back and photograph the pot-hole. The section of the road had a lot of pot-holes and I had slowed down but the submerged one must have nicked the rim of the wheel and the tyre (unless the tyre was faulty?). There is no damage to the inside of the wheel.

[/URL]

This will be the fourth new tyre that I will have fitted to this car. Two through pot-hole damage, one through my garage finding a split on the inside of the tyre and one through my own stupidity in parking (took a nick out of it and decided to replace even though garage said it would be ok). I've had cars with low-profile tyres before but none that were this sensitive.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

MikeDunn

Quote from: MikeDunn on April 11, 2013, 05:21:21 PM
The tank now has a padlock on it !  And I'll have to repair that section of fence - with something tougher  :veryangry2:
Well ... we reckon the thieving scum came back last night, as the back gate was unbolted (and we're damn sure we bolted it after working in the garden) and the door to the tank was also unbolted & slightly ajar - they'd put the obstacle to it back, but we noticed !

Fortunately, as mentioned above, not only do we have a lock on the tank now - but also one on the door they didn't see until they tried (& failed) to get in !  However, I think other means will be needed ... I reckon chaining my long ladder all across will stop 'em, short of bolt cutters !

Makes yer blood boil ... :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry2: :censored: :veryangry:

Mike

Tank

Quote from: MikeDunn on April 22, 2013, 09:37:09 AM
Well ... we reckon the thieving scum came back last night

That's terrible Mike.  :(  I think the ladder chained to wall and a cross the door would be a great idea.  Again though, it would only take bolt cutters to cut the padlock.  Maybe bolting it to the wall?

I'd personally recommend a decent camera in your garden with motion detection turned on - then it will beep when someone enters your garden in a particular area.  Another expense, but it gives you a warning before going out there with a sharpened shovel in hand!!!

ReBeginner

Send the council a photocopy of a fully completed county court summons, best send it with a dispute of their response and statement detailing the amount is still outstanding.
Tell them in clear but polite terms 'that unless settlement is received within', say, 21 days though some might argue 28 days - (but I would argue 21 is quite reasonable, especially in consideration of the (very) fact they have already had xyz days to settle) 'that enclosed copy of summons will be submitted to Northampton Court Centre' (or you local county court if you do it paper based, or prefer) 'without further reference to you the addressee and defendant'
And make sure you do submit, on the day date threatened stated.
99% of time you will get paid before date but where not, it is important that you are seen to carry out intended action - for further negotiated settlement out of or prior to court and/or any defence lodged by 'them'
Supported by photographs any DJ District Judge will find in your favour - within certain depths of pot hole, or unavoidable position or dimensions.
Were it my car/tyre I would, if it went against my claim, make appeal and be prepared to even raise the matter to higher courts or authorities - I would go for the councils throat, just as they do we whenever there is a pound (for expenses expenditure) to be gained/collect/penalty raised! The Alain B'stards
Lord Denning, do please come back, in some shape or form, please!?!
Less is more .............. So I'm told!

What do we want?
Hearing Aids
When do we want 'em?
Hearing Aids

daveg

That's really awful Mike!

Without looking myself, I wonder if the oil and gas suppliers have a system that can help protect/defend these storage tanks from theft?

Maybe asking (?) your local Crime Prevention for advice would come up with something that doesn't land you in jail yourself when the perpetrator is caught in the act!

That being said, I do however approve of Tank's sharpened shovel idea!

Dave G

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations