The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Quote from: Jack9465 on March 01, 2013, 06:08:41 PM
Think yourselves fortunate! We have to use black bin bags!  >:( Have you seen what cats, dogs and seagulls do to black bin bags? Oh and yes I do wrap the bags under an industrial sheet as directed but that doesn't stop cats and dogs from getting in, which in then lets the seagulls in.  :veryangry:

Same here but it's foxes and magies rather than gulls.

I complained to the/our local councillor responsible for the environment about the mess lack of bins causes. The reply was that 'supplying bins encourages waste.'

I think the lady is on a different planet to the rest of us!

Dave G

scotsoft

Quote from: daveg on March 03, 2013, 12:48:47 PM
I complained to the/our local councillor responsible for the environment about the mess lack of bins causes. The reply was that 'supplying bins encourages waste.'

I think the lady is on a different planet to the rest of us!

Dave G

A perfect quote to give to the local press if you have one.
Councilors seem to forget they are elected, so I hope you can spread the word about this one  ;)

cheers John.

petercharlesfagg

Paying road tax of £170.00 when I drive less than 5,000 miles/year, yet other neighbours pay only £35.00 and drive thousands of miles per annum!
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Newportnobby

Guess we're stuck with road tax being based on emissions (in which case I personally should be taxed :-[), but I am a firm believer in the tax being absorbed into fuel costs so those who do the miles pay the most. However, do I really believe any Government or related body would come up with a fair system ???
That'll be a no then :no:

Lawrence

Dentist  :(
2 ampules of anesthetic, 8 jabs
Something akin to molten lava applied to tooth
Then something else that tasted like sulphuric acid applied to tooth
Various plastic and metal parts clunking around my face
End result - tooth the same but mouth & jaw a lot sorer than it was when I went in.
My dentist is a lovely lady, but....................
:(

at least I didn't  :'(

but I wanted to  :-[

Pengi

The most painful part of going to the dentist is extraction of the money to pay for it all
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Lawrence

Quote from: newportnobby on March 07, 2013, 07:06:52 PM
Having a wisdom tooth put in, then? :-X

I don't know, you disrupt your day to make an urgent phone call to a friend to help him out and this is the kind of abuse you get  :o
and as for PCF giving you a thank you for your comment
  take that Peter

:D

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lawrence on March 07, 2013, 07:33:23 PM

I don't know, you disrupt your day to make an urgent phone call to a friend

That's true - you did something today :D

EtchedPixels

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on March 07, 2013, 05:58:47 PM
Paying road tax of £170.00 when I drive less than 5,000 miles/year, yet other neighbours pay only £35.00 and drive thousands of miles per annum!

And a large part of the additional road taxation is on the fuel. So you are doing just fine.

Now as a non driver I want to know why I can't have a choice between a driving license and 20% off on public transport  :angel:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: Lawrence on March 07, 2013, 07:33:23 PM

I don't know, you disrupt your day to make an urgent phone call to a friend to help him out and this is the kind of abuse you get  :o
and as for PCF giving you a thank you for your comment
  take that Peter

:D

My my we do get uppity don't we, must be the truth?

I sympathise with you but at the same time laugh because I have only 6 teeth left of my own, the NHS ones are so much easier!

Regards Peter.

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

jonclox

:veryangry: Call centres who make requested appointments and then forget to email the guy its made for to turn up for that appointment  :veryangry:
A day wasted here  >:( :veryangry:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Skyline2uk

My own stupid self for not reading the (slow to arrive) eBay mails and ranting on here first.....

....didn't name the auction in progress but if it is being run by anybody on here sorry! (Hence why I deleted my previous comment).

:-[ :-[ :-[

Skyline2uk

petercharlesfagg

My friends and family thought that they were doing me a favour by purchasing gift vouchers on Amazon as birthday gifts recently.

I now have £60.00 that is virtually useless for purchasing any "N" gauge items, especially using it towards a locomotive!

I emailed Amazon to request that they stocked something I really wanted but was informed that the item was:- "Out of stock and unlikely to be in stock ever again!" 

But the images and information remain!

As you are aware there is no other way of utilising the monies once added to your account!

Grrr, Grrr, gnashing of teeth!

Regards Peter.

EtchedPixels

I don't know if you can do it these days but using them to buy vouchers for other people ? I spend mine on train books now and then but mostly on household stuff (it's the easiest way to get really good low-energy lightbulbs - 35W+ ones that actually are really *bright* - in fact so bright half the reviews are about how well the reviewers 'plants' grew  ::) )
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations