The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Agrippa on February 07, 2013, 12:16:54 PM
Re Oldman's post, I drink Jack and coke occasionally, is that regarded
as sacrilegeous , as in adding to malt whisky?

In my book, that's a YES. The only thing that should be added to a malt whisky (in fact any good whisky/whiskey) is another one ;D Some say ice brings out the flavour more, but to my mind any dilution of a decent malt is just tragic :hmmm:

Sprintex

Quote from: newportnobby on February 07, 2013, 12:48:08 PM

In my book, that's a YES. The only thing that should be added to a malt whisky (in fact any good whisky/whiskey) is another one ;D Some say ice brings out the flavour more, but to my mind any dilution of a decent malt is just tragic :hmmm:

Every word written above by Mr Nobby is completely and utterly true and should NEVER be deviated from  :admiration:

Paul

scotsoft

Quote from: Sprintex on February 07, 2013, 03:00:53 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on February 07, 2013, 12:48:08 PM

Every word written above by Mr Nobby is completely and utterly true and should NEVER be deviated from  :admiration:

Paul

Unless it is a great big splash of Barr's IRN-BRU followed by a deep fried Mars Bar chaser  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

EtchedPixels

Joyous.. the Royal Mail no longer permit the posting of enamel paints - aerosols and big pots I can see but even tiddly little tinlets are now not allowed

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

thebrighton

Quote from: EtchedPixels on February 07, 2013, 04:38:09 PM
Joyous.. the Royal Mail no longer permit the posting of enamel paints - aerosols and big pots I can see but even tiddly little tinlets are now not allowed

Hi Alan,
Unless it has just changed I thought the limit was 150ml or under so most small modelling tinlets are ok. I've just checked RMs website and this still quotes 150ml.
Gareth

EtchedPixels

Time to have an argument with the supplier and send them the detailed page.. 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Oldman

Traitor.  You MUST NEVER contaminate Uncle Jack :veryangry:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Kipper

I am getting really annoyed at some members of this forum, who keep on advising us of their latest layout, when I haven't managed to get mine much more than planned in three years!!! Don't they have a life???

Newportnobby

Quote from: Kipper on February 11, 2013, 07:45:03 PM
I am getting really annoyed at some members of this forum, who keep on advising us of their latest layout, when I haven't managed to get mine much more than planned in three years!!! Don't they have a life???

Each to their own, Kipper.
Obviously you have so much life you're just moving that much slower than others :D

Kipper

Ha Ha. Yes, in fact I have had too much time and not enough action.  ??? 3 years since I retired and have so far failed to properly get to grips with my guitar playing, failed to finish the greenhouse, had to give up the allotment (which I got 3 years ago), failed to decorate the house top to bottom (SWMBO rules), and failed to get the layout going.   :thumbsdown:Plus side is that, after 4 operations I hope I have beaten the cancer, and model railways are the least of the above to stress the wounds, so onwards and upwards.  :thumbsup: At least I have got a name for the layout - Newby Sidings, a Southern Railway small sidings and staff halt on a branch line, with quarry and milk traffic.

Newportnobby

Yikes :o
After 4 ops I'm not surprised progress is slow. Very best wishes in your fight :thumbsup:

Caz

Well, I finally succumbed and bought a Dapol FGW HST book set, I've been after one of these for quite a while and finally managed to find one at a well known dealer, who for the time being will be nameless, but I will name and shame if necessary.  I did ask the retailer to test it before despatch as it was going to end up in Spain.

Managed to put it on the test oval this morning and whilst it ran ok the first thing that was apparent was that the power car lights weren't working at all, on the trailer car, the red leds worked but only one white functioned.  :(

I immediately emailed the retailer with my findings and by 2000 hrs tonight still hadn't received any sort of reply to my initial observations.  :(

Any how, here's the latest email I sent this evening, let's see what happens now.

Further to my previous reports, after fully running the power car, I attached all the coaches and trailer car and discovered that the trailer car constantly derails, on closer inspection the after bogie appears to be very loose and if you're not careful will actually fall out of its own accord.  This derailing is exceptionally bad when the trailer car is being pushed and again after close inspection it appears that when the train is running the trailer car seems to be pulling to one side but I can see any obvious reason why.

I subsequently removed both body shells to see if there were any loose wires going to the lights, couldn't see anything obvious, although the power car looks as though it might have a some sort of repair to one of the wires as there is quite an ugly blob of solder where it clips to the top of the chassis.  I unplugged and re-plugged both sets of small plug and sockets that go to the lights to make sure it wasn't a bad connection.  This has resulted in the fact that the power car forward (white) lights now work but nothing when it goes in reverse.  The trailer car was also similarly treated but made no difference, both red lights work but still only 1 white light when the trailer car is leading.

On the whole I'm very disappointed, especially as I've been after one of these for quite a while but haven't really been able to afford it, I just hope you have a suitable replacement and with your permission I would like to return it for exchange or refund.

END QUOTE

:'(    :'(    :'(
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Lawrence

Just wasted over an hour connecting the wires to a point using some of the blue scotchlock suitcase connectors to find it didn't work.  Checked the 17v out of the controller, checked the 12v switching out of the back of the switch all fine. Got really annoyed at this stage and ripped the two suitcase connectors off.  They hadn't cut through the insulation as they are designed for Cable Size 1.5mm - 2.5mm, too big for my small Kato wiring.  I was probably more furious with myself than the connectors which actually work great with the right size cable

So if anyone wants 98 connectors for £5 drop me a PM (seriously), ideal for larger bus wires but no good for my diddy wiring  ::)

Pengi

Driving along the A27 on the way to Chichester. Hardly another car on the dual carriageway and then I spotted, on a bridge over the road, a mobile speed camera that has probably caught me doing 80 mph. Really angry about this, if they are going to use the cameras for road safety purposes, why don't they use them in roads where there is a known issue or in built up areas where speeding will put more lives at risk instead of on a dual carriageway outside of the rush hour when, IMHO, doing 80 is perfectly safe.

Ironically, have just got my new driving licence and was so pleased to finally rid myself of points - now face the anxious wait to see if the points are put back!
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Caz

Quote from: whiteswan on February 13, 2013, 08:30:42 PM

I immediately emailed the retailer with my findings and by 2000 hrs tonight still hadn't received any sort of reply to my initial observations.  :(

Any how, here's the latest email I sent this evening, let's see what happens now.

<snip> <snip>

Heard from the retailer at 2230 (impressed) they will sort out some sort of replacement, will know more tomorrow.  :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%