The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

Quote from: findus on January 31, 2013, 08:38:53 PM
Being made redundant from my 6 month old job..................... GRRRRR

Never news you want to hear, really sorry.

Newportnobby

Quote from: findus on January 31, 2013, 08:38:53 PM
Being made redundant from my 6 month old job..................... GRRRRR

So sorry to hear that, Findus. Good luck in finding something else :thumbsup:

Caz

What a bummer, let's hope something else comes along soooooon.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

EtchedPixels

What is it with supermarkets

If the ingredients start 'glucose syrup' it's not jam its gloop.

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

tim-pelican

My "jam" of choice isn't allowed to be labelled "jam" because it doesn't have enough (any?) sugar in it.  It's something like "high fruit content spread", which is right up there with "non-brewed onion-flavoured condiment" in terms of nonsense.

Agrippa

As long as it doesn't contain horsemeat ['m not too bothered..... :D
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Kipper

It's time people went back to making their own food. I have been making my own jams and bottling/pickling fruit and veg for many years.  What really gets me going is things like ready made yorkshire puddings - it's just plain flour, egg, milk and salt whipped up with a fork and poured into a pan and put in a hot oven - simples.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Kipper on February 01, 2013, 08:30:28 PM
What really gets me going is things like ready made yorkshire puddings - it's just plain flour, egg, milk and salt whipped up with a fork and poured into a pan and put in a hot oven - simples.

Sorry, but I disagree with that bit. When I got my first house I had a straight forward old gas oven and could churn out lovely Yorkshire Puds. My next abode had a fan oven and my Puds were never the same :( Now I have an electric oven and can't produce a decent Yorkshire to save my life. I am sure the oven type has much to do with it :hmmm:

Kipper

Get yourself a Rayburn (cheaper end AGA)!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Kipper on February 01, 2013, 08:41:32 PM
Get yourself a Rayburn (cheaper end AGA)!

They're bigger than my bungalow, but thanks :D

moogle

It's time people went back to making their own food. I have been making my own jams and bottling/pickling fruit and veg for many years.  What really gets me going is things like ready made yorkshire puddings - it's just plain flour, egg, milk and salt whipped up with a fork and poured into a pan and put in a hot oven - simples.

Not everyone has the facilities, time or know how to do that, nice though it is.
I agree about the Yorkshires though.
Saying that, cooking them is a different story!

I have a go at making my own wines and made some rather lethal mead last year!  :pint:
Yep, after 2 pints you needed to lay down...   :uneasy:  :smiley-laughing:
Gonna try making beer this year at some point!  :beers:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Sprintex

Censored version  ;)

We have a crap fan oven in our house, you can guarantee if something says it will take 30 mins at 180 then it'll take 45 mins in our oven, and fan ovens are meant to be more efficient!  ::) Having said that, since following Saint Delia's tip of placing the hot tray of fat over a low burner while you tip the batter in I've never had a failure  :food:

Paul

MikeDunn

Quote from: newportnobby on February 01, 2013, 08:35:41 PM
My next abode had a fan oven and my Puds were never the same :( Now I have an electric oven and can't produce a decent Yorkshire to save my life. I am sure the oven type has much to do with it :hmmm:
Well ... I wouldn't think so, but ...

Our combi microwave does 'em decently, as does the proper electric fan oven ...  We find that not using old flour or eggs is more important.  Also, since we swapped to the Goddess's method of making 'em, they're bloody ginormous !!!  :goggleeyes: :drool:

Mike

Bikeracer

I just buy the ready made frozen ones,4 minutes in the Halogen cooker for five or six Yorkshire puddings and then put them on a plate and pour treacle in them,yummy :) :) :)

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

EtchedPixels

I go to the pub and they serve

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations